Shoulder Mobility exercises creating pain?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Skeletor, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

A few weeks back I tried some shoulder mobility exercises to just see if they were necessary... I found both on youtube on a kettlebell guy's videos. One is called a halo, another called the RKC armbar, I've seen the halo done by people in the gym and other places.

Anyways, I can do both with ease and I think my mobility is fine as is, but afterwards I felt a bit of pain in the shoulders in every day activities where I normally wouldn't... And I should also mention that my mobility in stuff like Shoulder Dislocates sucks balls... Are these exercises just bad for the shoulders since I did them easily and felt pain later, or was the pain just because I was pushing my limit farther than I should have and simply didn't notice during the exercise itself? This was the first time I've ever even experienced pain in the shoulder joints that I can remember. Thanks.

Here are the exercises:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5xQQMP8tj0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zrpWY7cC4o

2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

also I went pretty light on both exercises, so I don'tt hink it's an issue of using too much weight.

3. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

where's Ceaze at? :x:

4. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

I have a routine of 10 foam roller shoulder exercises my ART doctor gave me. They work. If you're interested I'll write them out. If not, go fuck an HIV'd, chink trucker.

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

stop doing them and see if the pain goes away

6. ices

ices New Member

Quick question, for the kettlebell armbar, he showed the motion of an internal rotation and said "this will jack up your shoulder". Is he referring to the actual movement, or the fact that a kettlebell would be too heavy?

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I did and it did.

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

absolutely (but what if i want to do both? :naughty: )

9. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

That would be good, make a thread about it. :bigthumb: I have a foam roller being delivered to me now.

10. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

My mom is a biofeedback therapist and all her friends are PTs... I should really go get some free service and find out what's up and get some discounts on some foam rollers while I'm at it.

11. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

Get a foam roll, and you should like on it with your head at the top of it, and the bottom at your butt...longitudinally so you shoulders can relax and drop below your back.
    1. arms down by side, palms up, hold 30 seconds
    2. arms like a "T" out to the side, pams up, rest hand on floor, hold 30 seconds
    3. arms like a Y ...
    4. Arms bent into "bench press" position. elbows on the floor, roll hands backward, hold 30 seconds
    5. bench press motion, moderate speed for 30 seconds
    6. arms crossed at waist (thumbs in pockets), spread arms up and overhead into a "Y" position, alternating which arm crosses in front 10x
    7. arms in bench press position, criss cross arms over chest, alternating 10x
    8. arms by your side, alternating arm backstroke motion, 10x
    9. arms like a "T" out to the side, palms up, raise arms over body and clap 10x
    10. arms by your side, palms up, squeeze shoulder blades together and reach for your heals at the same time, with back of hands on the floor 30x

Those always make me feel great.

ib ceaze says its all wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.