Shoulder issue not from lifting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Professional, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professional

Professional Guest

Well, on monday I had a seizure :)wtf:) as I walked out of the washroom to my room and fell on top of my guitars hitting my shoulder, back and biting my tongue down while convulsing..

anyways, the tongue isnt an issue, I can still eat, the back is healed up pretty much already, but the shoulder still sorta "pops" when I twist it in a specific way

im just curious as to whether or not I should stay out of the gym for the rest of the week (as planned) and give it time to heal or just find a way to get around the pain...

any ideas? i was already in the ER and xrays were taken, no hairline fractures or anything...it's just an oddly pulled muscle as far as i know

2. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

what caused the seizure?

3. Professional

Professional Guest

sleep deprivation added to a preexisting minor photic sensitivity

4. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

They didnt do a MRI on the shoulder?

5. Professional

Professional Guest

no...that was unncessary

6. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Xrays wont show tissue damage done to the shoulder

7. Professional

Professional Guest

i know this...

but it was suggested by the ER doc that bone damage may have occured dislocating the bone in the area...

in reality we dont know what it is, the doc just assumed it was a pull which is what it feels like

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

considering there could be tests done to find out if anything is wrong, I would take peoples advice here in that you should do them (MRI), and personally I'd stay out of the gym if there was any pain or awkward feeling/behavior in the shoulder. If you'd rather just wait it out then wait at least a week, and if the popping or any painful sensation persists I'd definitely get the tests done.

You could still work your midsection and legs (unless it hurts to stabilize a barbell), but I wouldn't go doing any push presses or anything.

9. Professional

Professional Guest

it does hurt to stabilize the barbell during squatting and while pulling so I won't even bother lifting for a week or so

i needed a deloading week of sorts anyways, so i'll just take the rest of the week off and stay at maintenance levels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.