LGBT Should I?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RyRy, Jun 25, 2008.

?

Should I

Poll closed Jul 1, 2008.
  1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Maybe

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. HELL FUCKING NO WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

As I may not (or may have) posted here I have a fwb that just got kicked out of her house by her separated husband. She ran off to another friend so she could have some time alone from everyone for a few days and now she's coming to her parents house by this weekend. Well she will be < 15 miles away from me now and she needs a cell phone. We have been best friends for almost 15 years now, and we dated for like 10 of those years. I understand that she needs to be able to contact her other friends and me and not bother her parents with a phone. I can add a phone to my current plan without any additional cost to myself per month, however I would loose 200 minutes per month (no issue I use mainly free n/w, free att to att land and cell lines). Should I do this for her? I know I've heard 11ty billion stories of don't because she will run up the bill, etc. I would only do this if she agreed to strict rules such as only using free att to att wireless and landlines, free nights and weekends and then maybe alot her a number of minutes to use say 240 of the anytime minutes. Then again I wonder if I shouldn't just get her a pre-paid phone from ATT that like $30 a month and just gets you free att to att and not much more and tell her if she wants anything else she has to pay for that. God I'm pussy whipped :gnd: The cool thing is that we have agreed to just be fwb, she understands that I'm bi, that I'm not looking for a relationship right now, and the best part is she cannot get preggers (she's had tubes tied and what not) oh and the sex is amazing., and well worth the expense of getting her the extra phone It would be better if a penis was involved though :mamoru: God thats like prostitution sex for free phone...

2. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

wtf...cliffs

3. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

ex-g/f who was there for me when i was outed now has no where to live, been forced to move back in with her parents and is now my fwb should i add her to my plan so she can have a phone other then her parents landline. i would only do this as long as she can follow strict rules that come with cell phone....

4. Naturally Baked

hell fucking no is my vote...dont be stupid

5. boeingair

boeingair New Member

i very much enjoy giving things to my friends whenever i can

some people think i might go a little overboard sometimes, but for the people that are really close to me, screw 'boundaries' or whatever--if i can help, i do it

however, based on some previous posts, it also seems that you shouldn't be giving yourself any additional long-term financial obligations... the prepaid phone might be the way to go, so there is no contract involved if things go south

6. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

She is honestly about my second or third friend I met when I moved to town in 1992 and out of all of my friends since then she's one out of only maybe 5 people I went to school with that I still talk with. (just for clarification for this thread)

7. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Im still here. Just been busy trying to get the Volvo to come home safely. I saw the repo man for the first time tonight. At least if he does find it he is using a flatbed.

If you trust her, go ahead. I have offered to loan cars to my friends before.

8. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

She's a bad driver, I wouldn't loan her a car :rofl: She's only ever driven a Plymouth Duster (the little 90s turbo one), and a Saturn. It was so funny when I was teaching her to drive in the Duster we'd slip it up in neutral while talking to her (auto) and she would throw her hands up and start screaming when the car wouldn't go :bowrofl: I seriously have no idea how she drove in the city while she lived there for the last few years :o

9. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

RhyRhy dresses in black, paints face black, and grabs the Louisville Slugger out of the backseat and goes to wait in the bushes.

10. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

If you trust her to keep her word, then do it. Friends do this kind of stuff for each other.

11. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I have several people on my ATT plan... But, my financial situation is a lil different from yours and so I can 'cover' it when authorized users go a lil crazy. I too believe that friends help friends out, but stay within your means, stud. Also, if you do get her an account, be very direct with her. Inform her that the moment that she seems to loose her mind with the phone, that you are canceling the line. Tell her that it will be no reflection of your friendship--so you are telling her now to not take it personally. Under no circumstances are you to let her get away with fucking you over in this situation--fucking you physically needs to remain a separate, and perfectly acceptable issue.

Scary story # 11ty billion and one:
    My older sister got my younger sister a cell phone, exactly in the same way that you are doing for your friend. (My lil sister at the time was in college and had a baby.) Fast forward 4 months, and my older sister gets a bill for $900. The following month, she gets a bill for $600. My little sister basically says 'oh well'...

My personal experience tells me that close friends and family tend to feel that 'taking advantage' is okay/forgivable. This is based on the conception that family will always be there, even when you act stupid. Damn near anything become forgivable. And many friends became like-family, so they fuck up in much the same way and feel that eventually you will forgive them.

So do what you want to do, but be cautious and aware. Good luck with whatever you decide, babe.

12. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

fuck that, she sounds like she'd be super responsible with the phone you give her :ugh2:

13. tattooed_sailor

tattooed_sailor New Member

Unless you iz baller, fuck that

14. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

i ship xbox 360s, ps3s, and plasma tvs to my friends at college.

im a sugar daddy in the making :noes:

15. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

He came to work today. As long as you dont injure him too much then its all good. I need to be able to have my way with him. :naughty:

16. Naturally Baked

my birthday is coming up soon.... :wavey: :x:

17. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:eek3: