should i wax with some S100???

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by mc technik, Jun 8, 2003.

1. mc technik

mc technik your purrty...

I just waxed my car about a week ago with some meguairs #26 yellow wax, and after seeing all these s100 pics it made my car look like crap. so i was wondering if it would be wise to wax again with some s100.

and another thing, my windsheild is all fucked. there are alot of small pits in it and you can basically see scratches in the direction of the windsheild wipers move. is there some kinda product that i can buy to fix this?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

1. S100 will work fine on top of #26.

2. Only product that will fix the scratches and pits in the windshield is a new windshield...sorry.

3. mc technik

ahhh crap a new windsheild...i thought i remember someone here in this fourm saying theres some stuff u can use...guess not. thanks scottwax

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Nope, really no fix for glass.

5. mc technik

how about megauirs medalion paint cleaner? i seen it on the website, but i cant use the fine-cut paint cleaner since it needs to be used by a rotary buffer which i dont have.

6. Scottwax

You can use Meguiars Swirl Remover #9 or Swirl Free Polish if you need something to polish your paint with. You can use either by hand if necessary (even though it says machine use) or with an orbital buffer.

7. mc technik

i'll give that #9 a try scottwaxx. Should i use some terry cloth pads then? my paint is pretty messy. Also since i already have a coat of #26 can i use show car glaze #7 and then add a coat of s100?? sorry with so many questions

8. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

How do you mean, messy? Scratched up?

After you're done polishing, you won't have a coat of #26 any longer, so yes, use some S100 as your final step.

9. mc technik

i'm not sure how to explain my paint, theres like alot of crap on it stuck there, even when i wax my paint feels pretty smooth but still rough at the sametime. i used mothers claybar once but it didnt do too much for my paint. maybe i did it wrong or something, but theres still alotta crap there

10. Scottwax

Try claying again, using the Clay Magic bar since to me it seems stronger than the Mother's bar. Seems to me your biggest problem is imbedded grit that needs to be removed before taking any other steps. Once you do, then #9, #7 and S100 (in that order) will work fine.