SRS Should I trust my instinct?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by QueenOfHearts, Aug 27, 2007.

1. QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts New Member

Sometimes, a girl will find one of those guys who's just... always there for them. One of those guys who's just your best friend, your crying shoulder, and that extra 50 bucks when you have absolutely no gas to get to work. Well, I found one of those guys, about 3 years ago and for 3 years its always been awkward. We've been there for each other through thick and thin, even when I left the state he came to visit me.

I recently just left another guy and he and his fiance' ended about 4 months ago, and tonight after 2 months we finally saw each other again. He did the classic tell me his emotions, but I didnt really know how to handle it.
    I know that I have feelings for him, but theres a catch.
    Im 18, he's 25.

I guess im just a little cautious around him because I don't understand why he's always hanging with a "kid" and not settling down in his life.
    I know we make a good pair, and I know we have feelings for each other, but i'm wondering whats hiding in his closet.

Do I trust my instinct or try and see where it goes?

2. IHAMWETARDDID

IHAMWETARDDID "We could make babies and accidental songs..."

I think you should trust your instincts. You are an adult now, being 18. If you are mature and act accordingly then he does not think of you as a "kid" I honestly believe that age is just a number and nothing should be based on a mere number. Therefore, go with what you feel deep inside and put the age factor aside. Good luck and hopefully everything works out with you.

3. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

I'm 24 and met a girl who is 19. I would settle down with her tomorrow if I could. I don't think of her as a kid either. If you two really feel something, trust it and go for it. Just ask yourself, are yoooou ready to settle down?

4. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

go for it

5. arseclown

arseclown Guest

just give the fucker a chance. i've known so many "omg but we've been friends for so long"-girls tell me their bullshit stories about their friends i want to throw up.

he has a dick too, just like all the other fucktards you decide to date. this time try him out and then make your judgement. if you don't like, spit him out. lulz.

6. Hellcat

Hellcat New Member

Just because you were/are younger than him by 7 years doesn't mean a whole lot now.

Are you trying to say he shouldn't value you as a person because you are significantly younger? Or that people who are 25 can't appreciate a good personality in a younger person? That doesn't make any sense. It sounds like you are trying to come up with excuses not to be with him.

7. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Actually, I think there is something to be said as for why a 25-year-old man is carrying on a relationship with an 18-year-old, especially considering you'd been friends for even longer. That's creepy.

8. QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts New Member

I guess the reason I asked is because I can see both sides of this argument. I've always been one to say age is just a number, and I do love myself and think i'm a great girl so yeah, maybe he just has a true interest in me, and thats perfect.
    At the same time however, like cuddly mentioned we've been friends since I was 15 and he 22 and it just seems a little odd at times when people see us together, we get weird looks.

He calls me his wild side, and he's always tried to get me to stay still, so I think we balance each other out, and I do want to go for it, but I dont want to throw away what we have cause some weird child thing pops out of his closet. (and yes that was horrible to say about one of my good friends..... maybe i am just looking for excuses??)

9. arseclown

arseclown Guest

so you're going to assume a friend you've had for so long is a pedo just cause you've been friends since you were 15?

gtfo. :p

10. QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts New Member

haha hey now, im not sure what to think.
    I doubt it though, im really the only younger person he hangs out with.

11. arseclown

arseclown Guest

yeah, shrug. you ever heard of "growing them young"?

12. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

/thread

13. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Pedophile means he is attracted to prepubescent girls. Girls who are 15-16 years old look and dress very similar to 19-25 year olds, and at 18 you are not a kid.

There is nothing wrong if a male is attracted to a 16 year old. We are predisposed to be attracted to younger more vulnerable mates, or just about any good looking, energetic female. I would say the fact he never really made a move while you were younger would mean he cared about you and knew you were probably too immature. (Of course I'm sure he was aware of the lawful implications as well).

You said he had a fiance (i'm assuming around his age). Maybe he got tired of her or she was boring and he wants to be with someone exciting. Once again there is nothing wrong with a guy who is attracted to 16+ year old girls. Anyone who says there is, is a parent who's natural instict is also to protect his dauther as he is well aware that its normal for other guys to be attracted to her.

14. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

Always trust your instincts. they are there for a reason.

15. JeremyR

JeremyR New Member

The way I see it, you will have a new experience in life. It's good that you are cautious and try to figure out what you can lose. I'd go for it.

16. Got Me SOM

Got Me SOM I'd win

The catch is you are overthinking this instead of just letting it flow. If you keep overanalyzing the situation you'll mess it up for sure.

Sorry my gut says you will find a way to muck it up even though it feels right..