Should I surprise the SO at the airport?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by arsbu, Jul 28, 2008.

1. arsbu

arsbu New Member

When I came back from my trip my roommate was suppose to pick me up, but she surprised me and picked me up instead. Then she left for her trip couple days later.

She's coming back soon and her mom is suppose to pick her up. I have her mom's email address from emails she has forwarded to me. Should I be creepy/cheesy and email her mom and ask if I can pick her up? Her mom knows about me, but we've never met. The girl has told her mom that she likes me and that we talk a lot and etc. And she may know that we have a sexual relationship.

And she has already told her mom that she'll be at my place the night after she comes back.

Also, she never told her mom she picked me up from the airport (just said she was going to my house that night).

Too creepy and random?

2. fray

fray New Member

Not creepy, but since it's mom, she may actually be excited to be getting to see her and tell her about the trip. It may "ruin it" to take that away from her. Maybe have flowers waiting for her at home or something. Surprise her a different way to let her know you were thinking about her. Hard to judge this one. Could go either way.... are she and her mom close?

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

My favorite memory so far in my entire relaitonship happened last year. I went to Europe for 2 weeks and the day before I came home I became extremely sick. I flew for 10 hours and was miserable, I felt like hell. The plan was for my mother to pick me up from the airport and take me back to my place where I'd then see my bf. Right when I got off the flight I called my mom and she said she was at baggage claim waiting for me. Then I called my bf and when I got off the tram (was still speaking to him) complaining how sick and awful I felt there he was with a giant bouquet of flowers, a "welcome back" ballon and the biggest smile on his face. I almost cried.

Possibly the best feeling I can ever remember.

Turns out the day before I came home he contacted my mom and asked if it'd be ok if he surprised me. Of course she loved the idea and went along with it.

He said when he was waiting there was a guy in his late 20's next to him. Said the guy looked over and said "married?" My bf said "no." Guy goes "engaged?" My bf says "no, just serious gf." Said the guy's wife showed up and started going "AWW, YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT FOR ME!" And the guy laughed and said "thanks a lot man!"

In other words, I think it's a great idea :hs:

4. arsbu

arsbu New Member

She talks to her mom regularly also. And I'm planning on taking her directly back to her parent's place since they'll be doing stuff tomorrow anyway. Also she gets in late (close to midnight), so I doubt there would be much "catching up", but I don't know if her mom wants to be the first to see her. From what she has told me, her mom wants to be the first and last to see her...which I understand and would mention in the email.

Thanks for the flowers/balloon idea...might be a bit extreme, but I'll think of something to surprise her with...

I just think it's weird and hesitant because her mom never met me :hs:

5. fray

fray New Member

well, call her mom and ask her how she'd feel about it. Hell, maybe she'll be happy she doesn't have to get up at midnight and hang out at an airport!

6. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

Your boyfriend sounds like the biggest cheeseball in the world.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

He's actually not. In fact, I usually hate cheesy romantic shit. It was just good timing :dunno:

8. arsbu

arsbu New Member

No phone number, hence creepy email.

9. arsbu

arsbu New Member

should I put that in the email? :hsugh:

10. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl: Not in those words.

Start the email OUT by saying you got her email from her daughter and hope you are not disturbing her.

Saying "I'm not a creepy stalker" sounds really immature and silly to a 40+ year old mother. She know you're not creepy or a stalker, you are the guy her daughter is dating. Also, if you want to get in good make a comment in the email that you look forward to meeting her.

11. arsbu

arsbu New Member

I know it's immature, just the way I am :mamoru: I actually have this gem in it too:
    I guess that has to go too :mamoru:

I'm the same guy that called his ex "Annie's mommy" (Anabel was her real name), the first time I met her :o

According to my girl though, her mom loves to tease and joke around. Hence why I figure I can still be immature and be fine.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

See, that's funny :mamoru: Creepy stalker part still doesn't sound right though :dunno:

13. arsbu

arsbu New Member

Yea I got rid of that and the other line.

Dunno how to work in the meeting thing though...

I basically have: P.S. Your daughter has told me a lot about you, I actually look forward to meeting you someday.

I guess I'll just leave that out

14. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

I would take out the actually.

15. arsbu

arsbu New Member

Ha, I just got rid of that word and sent it before I read this :mamoru:

16. iwishyouwerebeer

Yeah, take out the "actually" and it's perfect :bigthumb:

17. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I think it sounds very sweet. I say do it.

18. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

I did the same exact kind of things with my ex all the time, she loved it, made her cry from happiness all the time :hs:

19. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

:hsugh:

A little bit of the "cheeseball" shit can go a long way, too much though is not good.

20. arsbu

arsbu New Member

Funny you should bump this...she just said no :hs:

21. lauren

lauren Active Member

no, she doesn't know you well enough, and you dont know their relationship well enough.

22. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd: I would get sick of it constantly, but it was completely unexpected and at the perfect time. Plus, he got laid a ridiculous amount afterwards, so win win?

Aww, what'd she say? If you guys haven't been dating very long it's most likely since she doesn't know you and still feels more entitled to get her daughter first. I know my mom would probably be the same way if she had never met my bf.

23. arsbu

arsbu New Member

Where were you yesterday :squint:

24. arsbu

arsbu New Member

Said that they made plans as a family to pick her up already and that they regretted not picking her up last summer so they want to do it this time. I just replied saying I understand and gave her my phone number in case she decides to change her plans.

25. NCS

NCS Active Member

do it. i flew back to the US once after leaving a girl i was with for about a month. i didnt say anything and showed up at her doorstep. great memory, we went out for about a year.