SRS Should I stop fantasizing about getting back with my ex?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BlackMagik, Mar 9, 2009.

1. BlackMagik

BlackMagik And now the robot starts to think...

So the ex and I broke up last August after dating for 3+ years. Basically she ended up going off to college 7 hours from home, and shit just fell apart from there as you can imagine. Anyway, Christmas break came around, and out of nowhere after months of not talking, she calls me up to tell me she's back in town, and wants to hang out. I figure whatever, at this point I had for the most part gotten over her, and even started talking to another girl, so she comes over my house, we talk for a bit, and as one thing led to another, we ended up having sex (one thing that I REALLY missed about her, because she's great in the sack).

So we have sex, and it's awesome, but she made a joke about how she's using me for sex. Now, in my head I'm thinking, eh fuck it, whatever, technically, I'm using her for sex as well. Of course, after a week of constant sex with her, she goes off back to school.

At this point we pretty much become friends, we talk on the phone almost everyday, and yes, like a faggot, I start to get feelings for her again. Not strong ones, but I do start to miss having her around. She came down for the weekend last week, and we ended up hooking up again, and hanging out all weekend, going to the mall, holding hands, randomly kissing, basically it's like how it always was with her only without an official title.

So fast forward to this week, Spring break, and she's down again. I call her up and ask if she wants to hang out tonight, but she tells me that she's tired, and is going to sleep. We talk on the phone for a bit, and I ask her what her plans are for Spring break. She tells me that this week, she's driving down South to the keys to go snorkeling with her friend and her friends boyfriend, and some other dude that she goes to school with that I know at one point she had a crush on, or possibly still does, in fact, probably still does.

So here's my question OT, should I stop bothering hanging out with this girl? I can tell the more I hang out with her, the stronger the feelings I used to have for her become. I'm starting to think she's just playing me for a sap, and is using me as a dude that will pay for dinner, and occasionally have sex with her. Look, I like the sex, no, I LOVE the sex, but I'm also not willing to forgo whatever dignity I have, and let this girl use me for convenience while she tests the waters with other guys.

It seems like I'm answering my own question here, shit, maybe I'm just venting. Opinions?

2. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

If you're developing feelings for her then yeah, you should jsut cut it off completely or you'll never get over her. But if the sex is good, then meh, I'd say just stop paying for dinner so you don't feel like a sap. She's using you for sex, you're using her for sex, its all good. :dunno:

edit: go with your gut. If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't and you'll be kicking yourself in the ass later for it. If you want no strings attached sex, dont pay for dinner, if you want a relationship, avoid this girl and find someone who wants a relationship with you.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  3. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

you need to exit stage left immediately.

this can go nowhere good

4. ItsStockOfficer

ItsStockOfficer Active Member

This can become a hang up that will waste months or more of your life. Seriously bad. It become self-indulgent. Get over her now. There are tons of women.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The only thing that can replace your ex-gf is a new gf.

6. GTP

GTP New Member

If you want to get over her, how are you going to manage going out with a new girl while still fucking the ex? Are you going to become a cheater?

7. Abomb

Abomb New Member

just do what everyone else said, quit being a little bitch, and go find some fresh meat :naughty:

8. Spinkick

Spinkick Active Member

I just wrote my ex a big email. I love her, and want her back. If she will not reciprocate, fuck it. There is no reason you should have to chase after anybody. Having feelings for someone you spent 3 years of your life with does not make you a "faggot".

9. THoC

THoC New Member

if you could keep your feelings in check i say keep having fun. but its obvious that you cant. so break it off.

10. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

lol

11. BlackMagik

BlackMagik And now the robot starts to think...

Talked to her tonight. She called me up to hang out, we went to Starbucks, and I basically told her that I felt we shouldn't talk anymore. Didn't hurt me one bit though, the entire time we were at Starbucks she was texting some dude she dated in high school that's now a flight attendant over possibly him having her fly up to New York tomorrow on a fucking whim to hang out for the day and go sight seeing. She kept laughing telling me how weird it was that he was willing to pay to have her come up and hang out. I'm like "I'm sure he'll be expecting something in return" and she got extremely offended saying "you know I'm not that type of girl, why would you even say that?". I just kind of chuckled and then went into how we shouldn't talk anymore. She got emotional, started to cry a little, and I basically took off and told her to have a nice life.

:hs:

12. northw3st

northw3st New Member

you will one day look back and lol at yourself for really trying to remember her all the time.

do what you would advise your friend to do.

13. honey

honey Active Member

holy shit :bowdown:

you just turned a corner for me.

14. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

go find another girl.

15. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

remember, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else :mamoru:

16. Ichinichi

Ichinichi take dat blue pill

Pure pwng. Good play.