Should I step in and say something?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Maffy29, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

So a friend of mine is currently over in Afghanistan as a civilian contractor. Him and his wife (I hooked them up) moved out to Colorado for the job. She doesn't really know too many people and its hard on her when he's gone for other trips, especially now since he will be gone for 6 months (left two weeks ago). She says she tries to stay busy and it does help. During a recent conversation with her, she mentioned a friend of hers is coming out to go snowboarding. He was staying for free with the cousin of a friend near the resort and was going to buy her dinner before he flew home. Recently things changed for this guy and that free lodging is no longer available. She said due to costs, he may have to cancel the trip. She offered to let him stay at her place. She has a past with this guy. They used to be in a relationship and were also friends with benefits. She says that the marriage is great and Shane (my friend) is a wonderful husband. She confided in me that she "often wonders how her life could be different" and "if he is really the right guy for her". I thought at first they got married too quickly, but never said anything because all I had heard was how happy they were making a life in Colorado.

For all I know, he could just be staying in a spare bedroom or on a couch and won't even be around that much. Should I drop my friend an email and let him know whats up? Should I try to talk to her and find out what she's thinking? Or is it none of my business and I should just stay out?

2. mb330ci

mb330ci OT Supporter

If your friend is a good buddy, I would inquire if he's aware of the situation. She's already confided in you with her 'doubts'. I think it's self explanatory regarding the highlighted statement you made about her past.

3. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

they definately gonna fuck

4. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

probably already have fucked

5. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

bros before hoes as well, tell the dude

6. Socrates

Socrates New Member

He's a guy, and he'll want to fuck.

She already seems like she wants to.

Do your best to create a complex web of contradictions and see what you can get out of her. Talk about her feeling like he may not be the right one, and all that.

After you have it all, show him everything!

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I wouldn't tell him anything while he's stuck overseas, that's a pretty shitty thing to do. He can't do anything while he's there but worry all day long about what's going on. If you want to tell him then wait until he gets back. I would talk to her about it though and find out what you can.

8. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

you should definately tell your bud, whether now or when he comes back, if you dont youre not a friend

also i know its kinda grey area of what your involvement should be but if i were in your buddys shoes, i would definately want you to beat the living shit out of that douche, of course i would be obligated to do that for my friend too if he was the one deployed

simply ask yourself what you would want if you were in his shoes

fuck, if colorado was closer i'd come do it for you, as you can tell i absolutely hate these lowlife people who try to exploit a situation, just because they cant fucking man up in real life and get a girl the legit way

9. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Agree, don't tell him right now. He's got enough things to worry about and his goal in the field needs to be staying alive. Tell him when he comes home.

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

A shockingly high percentage of women with husbands overseas cheat.

Leaving your woman for long periods of time is a horrible idea.

Its obvious that she wants this guy to take the place of her husband while the husband is away.

11. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

I wrote her back on Facebook last night and got a response this morning. I had casually mentioned what her husband would say if he knew another guy was staying there and she said "he probably wouldn't mind too much". She also mentioned that another friend had stayed there while he was on another trip and "it went ok". Part of me wants to just trust her, as she has always been a really sweet girl.

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:rofl:

So call her bluff and tell her husband, since obviously she doesn't think its a big deal.

13. that kid

that kid New Member

You don't want to cause your friend more pain while over there. Wait until he gets back to tell him.

14. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

dude bull fucking shit he'll be ok w/ it, shes just justifying her actions as a whore, you have an obligation as a friend otherwise youll be just as bad as those two