SRS Should I see a psychotherapist about being bipolar?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DittoAlex, Jul 26, 2007.

1. DittoAlex

DittoAlex New Member

I've always been anti-medication, anti-doctor, "ADHD/ADD is fake," everyone's-got-problems-deal-with-them.

Not one to talk about my problems.

Things have been getting much worse for me. Lost interest in everything and shut everyone out of my life.

I'm at a high risk due to genetics and environment, and I'm pretty sure I'd be diagnosed with it. But what's the point? I don't want to take the drugs, their only help is suicide prevention and I spend all day freaking out about death to even consider suicide. I'm not the kind to use my diagnosis as a social crutch. Whether I'm officially diagnosed or not won't change anything in my life.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yes, see someone. Possibly being bipolar is a serious issue that no one should try to battle on their own. You most likely need help and medication.

3. Speed_Demon1965

Speed_Demon1965 New Member

Look at it this way. Do you really want to live like this or do you want to get better? For the longest time, I've been stubborn (and somewhat embarrassed) and never looked for help for my depression. I'm now finally sick and tired of living this way and I've only got two options, end my life or get help. I chose to get help because something inside of me still has faith that I will perceive everything in a better way one day.

Get help man. A person who can admit their problems and get help for them is stronger than one who does nothing about it.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Definately talk to someone. It seems like you have a lot of bottled up emotions that you need to get out. Seeing a psychologist will do just that and it helps tremendously.

Trust me, I'm one of the anti-medication, anti-doctor, "ADHD/ADD is fake," everyone's-got-problems-deal-with-them. About a week after the events at Tech occurred, I finally got fed up and went to the free service on campus to talk to a psychologist. Let me tell you: the instant I walked out of that building, I felt so extremely happy. Like, everything just went away. It was beautiful.

5. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

I would. Doesn't hurt to try, right? How old are you? If you're in college you can get it for free like Jeff mentioned.

6. El Frito Bandito

El Frito Bandito Active Member

I've always been anti all of that as well and I've literally been living in my own hell. I never complain to people, but I'm depressed, lonely, and am now having anxiety attacks and no one wants to be around me. Now, I am seeking help...just tell them you would like to seek alternative treatment that doesn't involve medication or something... I don't know man... best of luck to you...