should i paint my jetski pipe/manifold??

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by tommyortom, Apr 12, 2005.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

just sandblasted my pipe and manifold that is going on my jetski in a few weeks. its aluminum. now...i cant decide whether i just want to throw it on how it is, since i kinda like the dull, grey look of it right now. my other option is to just clear coat it, or paint it red with high heat spray paint. prep work on it should be easy since it was just sandblasted..i should need to sand it, just clean it pretty good. then prime with whatever will work best on the aluminum and will hold up to high heat, then spraypaint it with red high heat paint, then clear?

the only reason i dont want to paint it is because even though everything ive ever spraypainted has never faded/chipped/etc because i do pretty good prep work and can lay good coats, i just am not sure about this pipe/manifold holding up, due to the high heat. also, ive heard intalling it is a bitch, as you have to push it around, and do alot of adjusting to get it to fit in the hull, so i dont want my paintjob to chip off.

so im pretty sure i will leave it how it is, or at least clear coat it. the worst that will happen that i can think of is discolorization, but no corrosion/pitting since i only ride in freshwater. the inside of the pipe is never painted and its held up perfectly fine, so why should the outside need to be painted?

here is how it looks now, right after sandblasting:

[​IMG]

2. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

hi temp black or silver.. not red.

3. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

i was thinking a silver/charcoal color....why not red? it will probably show flaws more then silver maybe.

4. Chase

Chase Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck yo

As long as it matches your rooster booster, it will look good.

I would go with high temp silver.