Should I Make A Move?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by kmartsbytch, Apr 3, 2006.

1. kmartsbytch

kmartsbytch New Member

There's this girl I met at work. I've known her for a few months around work, but nothing more, but we exchanged phone numbers for the first time on Tuesday. Ever since then we've been calling one another and hanging out off and on. We've talked on the phone like more than six hours since exchanging numbers, lol, and hung out twice(tried again tonight, but her parents said no, even though she's 18...but that's another story lol)

We get along really well. We have similar pasts, view things the same way, and just get along really well. We're both happy people, and it's rare for me to find someone that doesn't take life so seriously.

My problem is, all hints seem to be toward us just being friends, but I don't know for sure. I have nothing wrong with us just being friends, but I would like to try making it more. But, I have been someone who has always had problems finding friends and such(I've been talking to her for less than a week, and she's probably my best friend. Pathetic? Yes, but that's my life lol), so I'm afraid that if I inquire about being more than friends that she'll be scared off, which takes me back to sqaure A of having no friends and being extremely bored and lonely with life again.

So, I dunno what to do. Should I just be happy being friends? Should I take the risk of setting my social life back yet again and see if she's interested? If so, how? I'm really trying to think of a subtle way to hint towards it that may give me some answers.

I dunno, sometimes I hate my brain. I overanalyze everything.

And now I'm rambling. Just give me some advice please :) lol thanks

2. sadangryboi

sadangryboi New Member

dont be scared
    make the move before you do turn it into the "just friends" stage

3. kmartsbytch

kmartsbytch New Member

Well, I'm kinda afraid it might already be in the just friends stage...

As of right now, I'm convinced that the next time I see her I'm gonna basically flat out ask her if she's interested, lol. I'll probably chicken out by the time I actually see her, but as of right now I'm convinced lol

Ugh

4. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

NOOOOOOO dont ask...... just make a move, break physical contact, then go in for a kiss if the mood is right... FLIRT and see if she flirts back.. if she does you have every right to make a move!!

dont regret stuff and please DO NOT ask ~~ you'll ruin it all by doing so..

5. kmartsbytch

kmartsbytch New Member

Yeah so that like just completely ruined my positive mindset about this lol Ugh

6. Maverick1

Maverick1 New Member

Just Do it!!!!

7. armond

armond New Member

If you never ask you will never know.

I asked, I didn't just go in for the kill, and right now I am in a very awesome relationship as some people here know.

8. kmartsbytch

kmartsbytch New Member

So asking isn't bad then?

I'm really not comfortable just randomly making a move on her when I feel the time is right. I'd much prefer just asking.

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

It depends on the situation and HOW you ask. Don't do it in front of people that could make an embarrassing situation out of it, and don't ask in a way that makes you sound dumb/desparate or akward.

10. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Ughhh ---A man asking a woman if she is interested in him. Does James Bond ever ask a girl "uhhh do you like me??"

Instead of typing out 20 paragraphs, i'm just going to say in summary. She should be asking you "What are we?" or "Do you like me?" --- rather than her being the dominate one. If you ask her that, she knows you want her, which seriously decreases your chances of ever being involved with her.

In an ideal situation, she should feel like she is lucky to be kissing you.

Could she still like you if you ask her the question? Of course, but that isn't where you want to be and your chances will be a lot better if you do it right.

What I do, which has worked for me, is say "You like me, don't you? I can tell when girls like me, and I think you do." ---- It puts you in the cocky/dominate position, and the worst she can say is "Uhhh, no I don't." Then you just play it off with something like "Oh, okay. Maybe I guess my spidey senses are off!" or something silly.