Should I lower my volume?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by GuOD, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

so i've been doing very well on the modified 5x5 routine but now that i'm getting more serious about cutting i was considering dropping the volume i'm doing.

the guide calls for 10-15% between sets ie; 60%, 70%, 80%, 90% 100% (of 5 RM). but i've been doing higher percentages (more like 70, 80 85 90 100).

the only concern i have is that since i'm pretty weak i don't know if doing lower sets is worth it :noes:

opinions?

2. MP18

MP18 New Member

don't overthink it, stick with it and start cutting, if you start to notice your performance decline, then modify your routine to maintain strength while working with a caloric deficit

3. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

sounds good. i know on the higher volume my 5RM is lower but i've been PR'ing nonstop so i guess i'll keep it up until things change.

4. MP18

MP18 New Member

yeah man keep it going, stick with what works, i think people in general are always second guessing their programs, but if you are making steady gains then there's nothing to complain about

im not sure what level you're at, but if you said you were weak then you more volume will definitely help and build your work tolerance, and you'll make faster gains and be able to put up with a lot more than more advanced lifters because the loads you are using aren't as heavy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.