LGBT Should I keep writing the ex?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RyRy, Aug 1, 2005.

1. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

We were best friends for the last 10+ years so its kinda hard to just write him off. I don't even care if he replies (which he hasn't except on phone calls). So is it bad that I keep writing him every Sunday? No they aren't take me back I love you e-mail just little updates of my life like this......

Hey just wanted to drop off a quick hi how ya doin?! I leave around August 19th -21st for college. Sorry for that last e-mail a few weeks ago I was pretty upset and needed to vent alot of stuff. If you talk to (mutual friend that recently moved back) give him my cell number I don't know how to get ahold of him, I ran into him like 2-3 weeks ago when everything was going down and I had just woken up and gotten into a huge fight with mom so I wasn't quite with it when I talked to him that day. I'm not for sure if I will go on vacation for 1 or 2 weeks so if you don't hear anything from me in the next two weeks I took off 2 weeks ;) I can't believe the show is going off next week its so sad! Also fyi there is a finale show that starts at like 830 or so you might want to watch. Well toodles for now! Also I'm asking this as a friend only... it would be cool if you came down to (college) sometime so if you get a couple days off in a row with nothing to do and want to catch up with an old friend call me I can pick you up at the train station (its cheaper then driving!) in KC.

Is this a big :nono: ?

:noes:

2. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Stop writing the cheating, lying fucker. :mad: :squint:

You need closure, not some friendly e-mail to tell you that he is as miserable as you are.

at the very least, if you want to talk, do it in person. It wil have FAR more meaning.
    Seriously, lose the number and lose the e-mail address. You'll be better off.
    Trust me, I know...why do you think I'm still contemplating a break-up?

3. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Well right now if we are seen together I would get into big shit with my parents so being seen isn't an option. Hell when he was out on patrol the other night we were riding around (in different cars obviously) talking to eachother on our cell phones for like 2 hours, just talking like friends, him talking about things going down at the office, me talking about school work, finals, etc. No mentions of the breakup, no mentions of the twins that are living with him and using him as their sugar daddy, no mentions of my depression, etc. As far as why we can't be seen together, my 'rents aren't accepting of me being gay, they think that he forced himself upon me, etc. I'm not trying to get him to come back, I don't think of him romantiaclly in any way. And trust me after 8 years of what I went thru I don't want that part of the relationship back. Friends, yeah we agreed to still be best friends, but nothing else.

4. Teh_Sponge

Teh_Sponge Hey, I got a sub now...

I don't know why you'd want to be friends with a guy who cheated on you...

If I was you, when I found that shit out I've would beat him down. And of course, never talked to him again.

5. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

My ex cheated on me, didn't speak to him for 18 mos, now we can at least have a cup of coffee etc. and talk but I would not invite him to visit me, nor would he invite me etc. We were together ~5 yrs (living together), but still... we all need to move on.

6. accelerator

accelerator New Member

1. Does he also send you emails and/or makes an attempt to stay in touch with you? Or are you the only one sending the emails?

If you're the only one playing the "let's keep in touch" game, then I think he's sending you a very clear signal. Whether you understand it or not is a totally different issue altogether.

2. Even after all that has happened (him cheating on you, etc.), if you still choose to send him an email once in a while, that's alright (I guess), but I don't think it's very wise to send him an email every week.

You insist that you no longer think of him in a romantic manner, nor do you desire to get back together with him. However, if you keep sending him an email at least once a week (every Sunday), then perhaps subconsciously you haven't moved on and in order to do so, you need to reduce the frequency with which you contact him and/or talk to him.

Ultimately, you're the one who calls the shots and not anyone else on this forum. :)

7. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

1.Pretty much I've been the one making the effort, but he's always been like this. He never writes or calls anyone unless they call him first (well unless its work related). Plus he doesn't know the number I'm calling him from as its one of those pre-paid phones and I don't want anyone having the number or text messaging it so I *67. I got it just so I could call him and a few other people and mom wouldn't see it on our regular cell bill.

2. LOL I skipped last week ;)

Trust me we used to talk every day, most of the time multiple times a day, so I've cut down alot! Right now I just e-mail him a short blurb once a week and maybe call him once a week, and maybe text message him something (like hey I need so and so's phone number or so and so's birthday is today don't 4get.) . I still have some of my stuff at his house :noes: But I will get that in a few weeks when I move to college since my parents would freak out if they saw some of the stuff :rofl: And I swear if he's damaged any of it... :squint: I think I might even take back all those DVD's I bought him for christmas, and the new camera phone I bought him too, just to be evil. :wiggle:

8. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

We've both moved on but we're still friends if that makes any sense. I've been that way with both of the people I've been in relationships. Hell the girl I was with in jr high and high school still wants to leave her husband for me, and I've even told her I'm gay! :rofl: Hmmm this might work as I want kids, and she has two! j/k... trying to make a funny there! I don't see why we can't remain close friends through all of this.

9. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

He's been my closest friend for 10+ years. We both have shit on eachother, however I have illegal shit on him that could get him fired, thrown in jail possibly prison.... hmmm now that I think about it, no I couldn't do that. And as much as I wanted to beat the shit out of him if I would have touched him he could have thrown me in jail for assult on an officer so thats a big negative on that. Although he did give me permission to that one day because I told him I wanted to, but I'm not the violent, ass kicking type.

10. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

RyRy, please, stop conversing with this guy.

He will only hurt you. You are running on the frail hope that he will ditch his twins and come back to you.

Forget it! He loves you no more. He can't love you because he doesn't respect you. Anyone you can't respect doesn't deserve it...

Forget him, be strong and by all means, post pics of you :naughty:

11. Zimmy76

Zimmy76 I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic

RyRy I don't know you or your sititution, hell this is probably the first time I've ventured into this forum.

However if he cheated on you, I'd cut him out of your life. There's no reason you should have someone who isn't going to show you the respect you deserve in your life.

On a side note, what part of Kc are you in, and what college are you going to? If you don't want to give that info out over the net, no hard feelings.

12. accelerator

accelerator New Member

Whilst you are absolutely right in saying that this guy does not love RyRy anymore (even if RyRy thinks otherwise, for one mustn't forget that this guy cheated on RyRy), I don't see why he can't continue conversing with him once in a while (Ryry, this portion's been highlighted especially for you. I appreciate the fact that you have drastically reduced the frequency with which you speak to this individual, but I think you need to reduce alot more than this :) ).

Now, if it interferes with RyRy's ability to move on (and there is a strong possibility of this happening), then he should, by all means, completely sever all ties with this man. However, RyRy alone is the judge of that.

If he feels that he has moved on, then I cannot see why he can't drop an occasional email into that dude's inbox. Do you?

13. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

LOL I don't want him back! I might PM you a pic if your feeling randy :mamoru: (j/k it's g-rated)

14. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I just transfered to CMSU this summer and will be going back the 22nd to start Fall semester. Welcome to the closet btw.... :greddy: :mamoru:

15. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Oh I've moved on! I'm now currently stalking LC from Laguna Beach and Jessica Simpson.. :yum: :drool: :naughty:

I even have a new AV now :naughty: :rofl: :wiggle:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  16. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

When I get some better ones I will. I leave for vacation on Fri / Sat so I will have some good ones! I'm going to a trailride full off 1k+ drunken men :wiggle: That's on a river so lots a opp for nearly nude hot guys.... and there's a lot of brush on the cliffs by the river to hide in to take pics :mamoru: Okay so I won't do that but I will get some pics of me!

17. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I edited the image abit and resized it and rehosted it. And now it's in the closet :noes: