SRS Should i keep talking to her??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BMH, Nov 22, 2007.

1. BMH

BMH New Member

Well i've know this one girl for 2 1/2years.I've been best friends with her for the past 2 years.but around april she moved to Oregon(i live in cali).Earlier that year i had asked her out,and she said no the next day.after that we did talk to each other but it felt weird,then we were back to best friends again.So when she moves.she adds me on myspace and says she always did like me even when she had a B/F.And keeps on asking me if i still lover(like everyday)I say yes.But im like WTF,ur 2,000 miles away.She says she will visit few times a year to see her friends.
    Now my question,she still wants to talk to me on the phone.should i keep doing this or waste of time??there is a possibility she might move back,(her parents have crazy jobs).
    So keep talking?or Ditch her?thanks alot.

2. ridah626

ridah626 OT Supporter

in my opinion dont waste your time on a long distance relationship. i mean you both have to put in alot of effort to keep that going. and how old are both of you btw?

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I doubt she really has that much true interest in you. She has moved, misses her old friends, and her feelings are exaggerated due to the distance.

Think about it man...she said no when you asked her out, and she had to move across the country before she realized she liked you?

Don't waste your time. Her interest level is marginal at best.

4. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

i say if you want to talk go ahead far as a relationship goes idk i see both sides it really just depends on the other hand i kind of agree with MattThom01 she had to move just to realize she liked you :dunno: id recomend not being in a relationship if you are takes things super uber slow

5. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny I Doubt It

Keep in touch but don't waste your time on a relationship. IMHO Long distance relationships only work for 1% of the people you'll ever meet.

6. BMH

BMH New Member

16 yrs,
    yeah thats actually a good idea.to keep talking to her on some occations but not actually ask her out since ...well it wouldnt work.thanks u guys.//Ben

7. Arrowhead

Arrowhead Guest

She's an attention whore playing with you because she's lonely and she knows you'll say shit to make her feel important.

Forget her and move on.

If its that important to you keep her on your myspace or whatever but don't talk to her unless she talks to you. And if she keeps with the "Do you love me?" Tell her she needs to stop because it's fucked up.

8. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

You guys are still really young and long distance relationships are really hard to get through. If you want to continue being her friend I think that's fine, but as far as the relationship thing I think she just feels lonely and you telling her you love her gives her the ego boost she needs. So, I'd stay away and just move on.

9. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

No.

You're basically validating her whenever she wants to be validated. What are you getting out of this? Nothing. You are clearly more interested in her than she is you, plus on top of that the relationship isn't plausible and anyone should be able to see that with the 2000 mile distance. What person really wants a relationship like this? Not a healthy independent person. So cut it out. You're just giving her free validation and getting hung up wasting your time on something that won't work out.

Tell her that you were interested in her but it just won't work with the distance and that you're going to move on and meet new girls. Tell her that you will keep in touch but in reality only do it VERY sporatically as you NEED TO MOVE ON. Also, stop validating her. Treat her as a distant friend at best and never delve into feelings for her again with her.

Go out and meet girls in your area that you CAN date. Stop ramming your head into a wall. It makes you look silly.

10. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

Don't bother man, she is not worth it if you like her, i mean she is miles away, how close of friends can you get.. not worth the pain afterwards, speaking from experiance, deffinetly not worth it.

no need to be a dick, but end it slowly and never look back =)

11. daaarn

daaarn New Member

long-distance relationships simply dont work well, esp. at your age. furthermore, the fact that she didnt say anything until after she left makes it seem like her feelings were mainly the result of her moving, and not an actual attraction to you.

that being said, keep in touch with her if y'all are really friends (what i mean is that you became friends for real reasons and not just b/c you had a crush on her), but i think the possibility of a relationship sailed away a long time ago and you should just move on to other girls.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: I knew she had to be like 15/16. So typical. She doesn't love you, she just loves that you are infatuated with her and even while she's away she uses you for the validation. It'd be one thing if you truly just wanted to be her friend, then I'd say talk to her....but at this point it's obvious she doesn't even want you as a friend, just as a guy who showers her with compliments. That's bullshit. You're 16 years old and she lives in another state. Forget about her!

13. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Didn't read the thread, but if you have to ask this question, the answer is no.

14. StuntBabeX

StuntBabeX New Member

Unless both people are 100% into it, the long distance thing will never work. There has to be a lot of love there to keep it going. And then eventually one person has to move.

15. daxtrader

daxtrader New Member

Stop talking to her. When she finally makes new friends and meets new guys at this new place, she'll give you the cold shoulder and you'll be left wondering what you did wrong. You'll call her and she won't pick up. You'll be crushed. "But I thought I told her I loved her". Move on man. You're young, don't get attached this early.

16. BMH

BMH New Member

thanks and Good news got a Girlfriend on the 23rd(black friday).its awesome.thanks again.im happy with my GF.