SRS Should I ignore my ex's calls/texts

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ady2glude707, Dec 28, 2007.

1. ady2glude707

ady2glude707 New Member

My ex broke up with me 1.5 months ago. Ive been ignoring her texts and if I do want to reply to her texts, i'll wait an hour or so before replying. When she calls I dont pick up 80% of the time. All this happening for the past 1.5 months since breakup. So a couple of days ago she tells me shes pissed at me b/c she said ive been ignoring her texts/phone calls, and shes right, I am. Am I doing the right thing? Ive spoke to her auntie and her brother after the breakup and they told me to ignore her because if you ignore girls, they'll want you back b/c youre not giving them the attention they once had from you, and this is a girl i want back in my life.

2. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

If you're going to ignore her, ignore her completely. If you're allowing her to still keep in touch with you, and still know whats going on, what's the point of ignoring her calls/texts only a percentage of the time?

By ignoring her or doing what her family is saying, the desired outcome is for her to want to know whats going on. You're filling that gap by talking to her.

You're currently not her boyfriend, stop talking to her and acting as emotional crutch. No, you guys cannot be friends. Why? Cause you're not over her, nor do you appear to show any intentions of doing so. Stop leading yourself on.

--

Why did you guys break up?
    How old are ya'll?

Deatils please.

3. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

so you want her back? then keep ignoring her, but replying after an hour or so

4. ady2glude707

ady2glude707 New Member

We broke up b/c she said she wanted to be alone with her and her 3yr old son. Im 27 and shes 23. My point of ignoring her texts/calls a percentage of the time is a way of me showing her that Im not going to be the same person to you I once was, and you cant have the old me as long as we are just friends.

5. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I agree with metallic. Let her go. She doesn't want to be with you. By answering her a percentage of the time you're giving her ego a boost. You broke up for a reason and the reason she gave you sounds pretty silly. So, follow metallic's rules and keep going forward in your life, stop looking back.

6. ady2glude707

ady2glude707 New Member

Thats where I questioned her also, I gave her and her child A LOT of room, I never begged for us 3 to hang out together, i gave her and her son space. I dont know if she was being real with me or not, I hope that was the only reason, but im just confused and hope it was and nothing else even though she said there wasnt.

7. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

dude, the rule of thumb is "do not date single mothers"

a strange thing happens with single moms - they are extremely greedy and birth a child without the ability to care of the child, and then their greed strangely interacts with their motherly instincts to raise the child, so it leads to a cluster fuck of emotions.

In the situation she is in, I doubt she has any room to think about you as a human or as someone who has their own needs, so I would avoid interacting with her. Shes got so much on her plate, why would you expect her to place you on that plate also. If anything, its like a overflowing plate of food in real life, except you are that pork chop at the edge of the plate which is falling off because there is not enough room.

Get what I am saying?

8. ady2glude707

ady2glude707 New Member

LOL nice way of putting it. She takes care of her child very good and loves him to death. She is just too emotional a person and soooo confused in this point of her life she doesnt know what she wants, even her brother told her shes not ready to be in a relationship(he told her she was confused) It sucks b/c this is the second time this has happened, with the child being the excuse on both occassions. And guess what she just tried calling me and left a VM 5 mins ago wanting me to call her back, but i didnt pick up and i doubt im going to call her back.

9. ady2glude707

ady2glude707 New Member

UPDATE:
    So I have her myspace password(she doesnt know.) Her and her cousin message each other and here is my ex's response to how Im ignoring her and how she doesnt let me see her child anymore.

"WHAT HE DOESNT ASK. WHEN I CALL HIM HE HARDLY EVER ANSWERS THEN HE TEXTS ME TALKING BOUT WHAT UP YOU CALLED. HE DOESNT RETURN MY CALL OR MY TEXTS. SO IM JUST LIKE FUCK IT. I DONT KNOW WHY HES DOING THAT BUT IF HE THINKS ITS HELPING ITS NOT CAUSE ITS MAKING ME NOT LIKE HIM ANYMORE CAUSE I KNOW HES PLAYIN WIT ME AND IT AINT HELPIN OUR FRIENDSHIP. I DONT WANNW FEEL THAT WAY EITHER

10. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

As I said in your thread in the Vag:

Don't be an asshole by invading her privacy like that.

And if it's not your son, she has every right to not let you see him.

11. ady2glude707

ady2glude707 New Member

We both have each others myspaces passwords. But she thinks i dont know hers, and she also thinks that she doesnt know mine.

12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

you guys are way too involved in each others' personal crap.

Seriously...either give up on her, or pursue her normally. Don't be a snoop. Keep this shit up you'll start to sound creepy and look like a stalker