Should I have gone for a number, or did I do it right?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Alexqzilla, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

I was at Mel's (awesome diner) earlier with a kid I was looking after. Three BEAUTIFUL young ladies about my age come in and sit down. I ordered a big strawberry milkshake with three straws their way, and when they received it they went into a giggling fit and started scanning the room. I guess they easily figured out it was me, so I point at the kid and say "It was his idea, isn't he a gentleman?" They go "AWWWWWW" and their tits bounce even more. I then smiled at them, told them to enjoy their night, and walked out with them being like "OMG THANKS!"

Was this played well? The way I see it, I could have pressed further and tried to get a number, but they weren't there to be macked on and I'm not experienced enough to go talk to all three of them when they're trying to order food. I don't know how it would have gone, but I DO know that they're my age and there's always the chance that I'll run into them again. If that happens, be it at a party, on the street, in a class, or whatever, they'd recognize me and I'd have a total conversation starter. I bought them a milkshake and left without throwing myself at them, and I showed them that I wasn't doing it to get into their titties (which bounced a lot), because that's what a jerk would do, which I'm not...

Pardon the redunancy and ramblings :wavey:

2. jonno

jonno New Member

uhhh... if you're going to do that why wouldnt you just say it was you?

3. D7

D7 OT Supporter

Yeah you did it right. Good job :)

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It would have been played well if you went over and talked to them. All you did was give them a free milkshake :dunno:

5. Bugalu

Bugalu OT Supporter

6. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

I mean I talked to them a LITTLE, I just didn't rush over and be like "HI I ENJOY LONG WALKS ON THE BEACHES AND CANDLELIGHT DINNERS"

Maybe I should have talked a little longer, but I think buying them a milkshake and being nice to them and giving them a big smile before leaving left an OK impression of myself. I'm sure they get hit on all the time.

7. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

I think they understood that it wasn't, the kid is 10.

8. jonno

jonno New Member

ahh, gotcha

9. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

chances of them remembering you at again is pretty slim

if you went for a # immediately after doin that would have been pretty fail, but yeah you should have probably went and chopped it up with them :dunno:

10. jonno

jonno New Member

and i'm going to go with fail because you hardly talked to them, didnt get a number, spent money

11. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

:dunno: Maybe you're right, oh well, that was my first time really having the courage to try something like that.. they were GORGEOUS. Next time I'll know what to do a little better, I was playing it by ear after all...

12. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

And I feel like I should stress again, I at least left on a good note and I am confident that if I run into them at a party or whatever, they'll remember me hooking them up with a milkshake and not expecting anything of them for it.

13. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

or maybe they understood it was him, and that's why they didn't think it was you showing interest -- so it was just more funny than anything

Sometimes late night at a diner I'll order a few milks to a group's table. If they're laughing/smiling, just walk over, pull up a chair, and talk for a minute.

They might get hit on all the time, but that being the reason for you not to pursue them lands you in the same place every other excuse in the book lands you.

On second thought, don't analyze this. At all. Because nothing happened.

14. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Are you going to see them again?

15. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I've never been good at talking to girls that were as beautiful as they are, and there's nothing wrong or pathetic about leaving while I'm ahead. I wasn't there to mack on chicks, and they weren't there to be macked on.

Just because I didn't leave with 3 phone numbers when I probably could have if I played my cards perfectly right doesn't mean I'm a failure. I didn't come off as a creep, I didn't make them uncomfortable and they had big smiles on their faces when I left.

I don't think they're going to say "Wow, he's a total idiot" before "He was a nice guy!"

Next time I'll pull up a chair and take it a little further. We were ready to leave and I felt like it was time to go.

16. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

You did a sweet thing and leave it at that.

Not every encounter with a woman has to end with you balls deep :dunno:

17. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

I think there's a chance I will. I go to Mel's fairly regularly, and if I ever do see them again, they will be ten times more approachable and I won't have to feel all uncomfortable and nervous about talking to them.

If I don't ever see them again, big deal! I spent 5 bucks and made beautiful girls smile. What's wrong with that?

18. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

I don't think they were retarded

19. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

:)

20. forgotmyname

That you give away too much without getting anything in return.

21. forgotmyname

It's still a pretty ballsy thing to. I would have never done it.

But...you could've gone straight to any of them and talk, maybe get a number.

If you don't get anything, you could've finished it nicely by saying "Well, you enjoy that milkshake, ma'm"

22. TuopaT2008

TuopaT2008 New Member

Actually, that was really well-played in my opinion. A guy with a kid in tow is harmless and three chicks together are not approachable.

What I would do is learn from it: Next time you're at Mel's ...get a window seat, watch who's getting out of which cars in the parking lot. And if you use the "milkshake" trick...then put your phone number and name on a paper slip and leave it on their car window when you leave.

I do think this was smooth, but shouldn't be done too often...it could easily turn you into "creepy guy" if it doesn't go over well.

23. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

I did, and they all gave me a huge smile and said thank you, then thanked me again when we left :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  24. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

It's nice to see people on OT can be encouraging when they give good advice, it's a lot easier to take than "YOU IDIOT WHY DIDN'T YOU START BUGGING THEM" :wavey:

I thought about writing my number down, but my phone was stolen about a month ago and all I have is a house phone, so there's not a lot of room to explain "I can't receive or give texts, and we don't pick up the phone until someone starts to leave a voicemail and identifies themselves"

You know?

25. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

bro, watching people get in andout of their cars is creepy as hell.