Should I grow out some facial hair?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MattThom01, Oct 15, 2006.

1. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Originally posted this in Off Topic, but it didn't really go anywhere, if this isn't a good forum to post this in, can someone suggest another?

So, I just got back from getting a haircut, and I was thinking about considering growing out some facial hair. I have a couple of questions. First off, here are some pics I just took.

[​IMG][/url]
    [​IMG][/url]

That's pretty much how I normally look...I occasioanlly use some gel/wax to spike up my hair a little.

1. Should I even grow out some facial hair? Would a beard/goatee/moustache look good on me?

2. If I should, what style should I do? I have no knowledge about any of this.

3. What all would I need to grow out a style, take care of it, and keep it looking nice?

Any and all advice would be appreciated. Looking for serious replies only.

2. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

honestly, the pics are kind of small to be able to tell... sorry. ;)

3. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I wouldn't do it. Some guys can do it, but most can't.

Check out any magazine that has models in it. Half the models these days go a day or two without shaving, and it looks good.

Other than the unshaven look, which I think only works for pictures, there aren't too many facial hair looks that are good looking anymore.

Plus, you're making yourself less available for women. Many women don't like guys with facial hair. You will automatically put yourself in her "not my type" category. Many women are like that.

There aren't too many women out there that say "I only like men with facial hair." Why cancel yourself out?

I can't tell from the pictures, but the only time I would suggest facial hair is if you have scars, acne, or a weak chin you are trying to hide. Other than that, keep it clean shaven.

4. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I haven't actually shaved with a razor in about 4 years or a little more possibly. I usually don't let it get too long, but I use #1 clippers (like you get for a buzz cut at the barber or something like that) I've been debating myself of going back to shaving with a razor. I personally like the scruffy look mainly because it's much easier to just not shave for a few days or a week or whatever than do it all the time. Back when I did shave I must have sucked at it anyhow. Razor burn/bumps all the time...although I was like 18/19 so who knows. I might give it another.

I do agree with Socrates though. Unless you're already with someone who doesn't mind it (which I'm guessing you aren't otherwise you would be asking them and not us) then I'd say go clean shaven for now at least.

5. TigerWoodsJr

TigerWoodsJr LSX Elitist Prick

facial hair is one of the easiest most versitile things a guy can do for his look. I say give it a shot, like they said, it works for some, not others. I had just the bottom half of a goatee for like 3 years and it worked pretty good for me, but I think I do better with it shaved.... i like to wear scruffy with black/pink shirts because it works for me.... just try some things out, I say its worth a shot for sure.

Start growing and show us some pics!

6. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

If you do grow it out and you're still in the dating scene I strongly suggest you keep it groomed. Don't let it get all crazy looking and as rediculous as it sounds try to make it so the hair isn't too stiff around your lips. That's the one thing most girls complain about is being poked by stiff hair around the lips when kissing. I used to get that but after growing it and cutting it so much it soft enough.

7. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

from the small pics you kinda look like andy dick.

try it out for a week or 2, and if you dont like it, shave it all off.

upkeep consists of a beard trimmer for sure. keeping it nice and neat ftw.

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I hope you don't enjoy giving women oral sex, because with facial hair, you probably won't do it more than once.

Giving good oral sex is one of the best ways to be known as a "good" lover, and that isn't an area I would want to have any problems with.

9. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Thanks guys. this was just a "what if" idea I had when I was in the car after the haircut, thought I'd bounce it off a few knowledgable people before trying anything.

Question though...my face starts to itch a little if i go more than 3 days without shaving...would the areas I was growing it out on itch like that too?

Tried to post a bigger pic, but it scaled it down. Oh well.

Thanks again guys!

10. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

Im very much a minimalist when it comes to facial hair on men.

I love clean shaven men.

However, some look better with a well kept goatee or some other type of facial hair. Full on beards and wild mustaches are a big turn off.

I have a friend that I couldnt even imagine him having a normal head of hair much less a mustache or beard.

Then my boyfriend has a great head of hair but I like him to keep his facial hair to a minimum because its really coarse (which doesnt feel to good when I rub against it)

11. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

It might itch for a while but that all goes away after you've grown it out and trimmed it a few times. You get used to the sensation to the point that you won't notice it any more.

12. SovietRussia

i disagree that women dont like to receive oral from men with facial hair. :squint:

13. SovietRussia

like a goatee isnt itchy when you grow it out.