Should I give Oblivion another chance bros?

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by forgotmyname, Sep 8, 2009.

1. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

I bought it when it came out but got lost in the very beginning. :o
    Right now, I am dying to play a good and long adventure game, so I am thinking about rebuying it.

2. A Juggalo

A Juggalo Active Member

I liked it until i got fucked by being a vampire and dying when i exited a building. of course it saved as i was leaving. but YES it is a good game

3. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Could you fix it? I've heard quite a lot of stories about people being scared of going into dungeons just for the sake of getting turned into a vampire. :noes:

4. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

i started to play it twice, but it's been a while. the second time i started i ignored the main quest & the gates and instead did all the guild & side quests one at a time. it was much more enjoyable. i never really finished either game, but i guess that's the point. if you haven't tried fallout 3, you might enjoy that as well.

as far as the vampire thing, just carry a potion of cure disease and check your status anytime to leave a cave or fort with vampires. iirc you have a couple of game days to cure yourself before you turn.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  5. somethingstrang

somethingstrang Active Member

Yes, there's an entire quest about curing vampirism, its really really annoying to do. Oblivion takes time to get it going, but once you have a whole list of quests piling up, its a dream for completionists.

6. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

this... but once you cure it. you can never become a vampire again.

I am just sure to feed once a day and I have no worries. small boost to my stats and i feed off the beggers at night.

to answer the TS. yes the game is awesome and you should give it a try. if you ever forget where yo go remember you have a quest log and you can select the different quests you want to do and you have pointers saying where to go. Not hard to get lost.

7. FunkyMunniez

FunkyMunniez Active Member

all you have to do is eat some mandrake root or drink a disease cure potion to get rid of the vampire's curse. it takes three in game days for it to actually turn you into a vampire so if you do either of those two things before three days are up you wont turn.

you only have to do the cure quest AFTER three days and become a vampire.

idk why people are so afraid of it :rofl:

8. fėnrir

fėnrir New Member

I might play it again with some new mods since I have nothing to do. I suggest this time around to not play the main quest until later. Head out in one direction when you exit the sewer and start your adventure. The game is fantastic.

9. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

or

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3973

;-)

10. fėnrir

fėnrir New Member

11. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

no problem... the onyl mods i run are bux fixes, graphic over hauls, and stuff like unoffical patch, and OOO and this one. also one called armory which gives you an armory gate at the entrance of each of your houses.

takes up like 4gb extra with all the graphic upgrades :-X

12. fėnrir

fėnrir New Member

I always go with qarls, fcom, companion share/recruit, and open cities to start

what exactly is this armory one?

13. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

sacred 2 > Oblivion

14. fėnrir

fėnrir New Member

I wonder if there is like a RTS mod or something that is like the one for FO3. You built buildings to start a town, recruit npcs and stuff to live there. Expand when you have the resources and have to fight off attacks from bandits and stuff.

It would be awesome with the oblivion travelers mod and putting your town near the road so the travelers stop by.

15. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

16. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

what is this mod for FO3 you speak of?

17. fėnrir

fėnrir New Member

18. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

19. fėnrir

fėnrir New Member

yea i saw that too a while back but never tried it

im under the impression that everything in that mod only works on a specific island

20. greaser lee

greaser lee New Member

i stopped playing once i contracted the pre-vampirism disease. i let a friend borrow it, and i received it about a month back. totally forgot i had the stupid disease and didnt know that waiting also progressed the disease. im not sure if im a full vampire though.

is it insta-death if you go out during the day? ive seen my health slowly drop when out in the sun, but it's nothing that self-healing wont fix.

the coolest part of the game is being able to make your own spells. one of my favorites was to give myself maxed out mercantile and personality skills. the spell only lasted 1 second, but all i needed to do was stand in front of the guy, cast the spell, and talk to the guy. buying/selling shit was awesome!

another spell i made and fused into some boots was max agility. when my character would jump, it looked just like peach from mario bros 2. dude would float in the air for a good few seconds. looked ridiculous in 3rd person. :rofl:

anyway, yeah, give the game another go. theres a couple of free dlc for the game (on 360) that are decent. and dont even worry about making potions or spells early on unless youre into that sort of shit. not all caves have vampires. if your first encounter with an enemy isnt a vampire, chances are there arent any in there. besides, there's medicine to cure the pre-vamp disease too.

21. fėnrir

fėnrir New Member

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Vampirism

awesome site, but full of spoilers so be careful

22. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

Vampireism is simple

If you feed every 24 hours you will not get harmed in the sun and your vampire powers are only incresed by 5

If you only feed every 48 hours your vampire powers go up by 10 i think, you get harmed by the sun slowly (healing magic works but your magic can run out)

If you dont feed after 72 hours you die alot faster in the sun. (but slower in shade and when it is raining) your vampire powers are it their peak and healing will have little effect unless your magic is high.

i forget if there is a 4th where you turn into a beat like being like in Masquerade :-/

What he said works!

23. juvental604

juvental604 I like to pee upside down OT Supporter

I stopped playing the console version when I realized all the oblivion gates were super repetitive with like the same 2 monsters over and over.

I always wanted to try out a good pc modded version though.

http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=3678

this one looks pretty interestin, anyone try it?

This is an Oblivion version with a set of painstakingly selected modifications, tweaks and changes to provide the most interesting and fun Oblivion experience possible. I have spent countless hours working on the flow, pace and balance of the game. The mods themselves although not created by me , have been made to work together with this enhanced edition so a big thanks to all the modification creators. The modders deserve every ounce of credit for their hard work.

This is a complete modification of all parts, but nothing cheesy or unbalanced. In fact, the difficulty curve should be steeper and more enjoyable. There is no aspect of the game that has not been improved or fixed from vanilla Oblivion. This will give a chance for people to play it, that never wanted to spend the days needed to properly set up an Enhanced Oblivion Installation.

This is a legit release and will not work unless you have Oblivion, Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine. It absolutely requires all three.

Rough list of whats included

- more hand placed items,
    - no leveling monsters
    - 100% replaced textures and parallax maps, much improved and makes the game look like a 2009 game for sure,
    - new and interesting quests with full voice acting (and it is pretty damned good),
    - hundreds of new and interesting weapons and armors
    - many many new creatures to play with
    - new kick ass fighting system with shield bash, kicks, decapitations (and other such gore), and new and very cool dodging system.
    - Completely revamped and improved leveling system
    - New replacement landscapes to make the more boring areas of cyrodil much more beautiful and interesting.
    - different and attractive character models and clothing/armor to match
    - martial arts to replace the shabby hand ...........

Click here to read more

24. greaser lee

greaser lee New Member

damn, thats pretty sweet! gonna have to pop the game in and give it another go! :cool:

thanks for the info, peeps!

25. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I'm in the same boat.

I keep trying to get into oblivion but just can't...

I get into the game, go after joining mages and fighters guild... but finding other shit to do just takes too long, and running around in the wilderness in a non-mmo game just seems like such a waste of time.

i got a good couple of patches and expansions for it, but nothing really grabs my attention and the calm peaceful music you always hear is annoying, especially when combined with the very annoying start of the battle music.