SRS should i get back on prozac

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Sep 17, 2007.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

I was talking with my therapist and he said he notices i'm not as jumpy when on the medicine.

I was on 10mg of prozac once a day and it was ok. Its the only anti depressant that doesn't cause me side effects.

The only thing I noticed when on it was that when i'd get mood swings they would be worse.

I feel I have improved alot within the last few months while I was off it. I've been more productive, more positive outlook, not sleeping as much. I still do battle with depression but not as bad. My ocd and anxiety has gotten alittle worse.

I feel I made these positive things happen on my own and being off the medicine didnt affect it but i'm not sure. Should I try it out again? I'm really confused

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You have a handful of depressing threads in this forum...I'd suggest anything to possibly make you happy.

3. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

What you need to do is find a hobby: something to keep your mind away from these thoughts. Find something you like to do and start doing it more often. Find other people that like that same thing and hang out with them and do whatever. You'll start to feel better right away.

I personally am against using any kind of medicine to make you feel better: it just hides the true reason to why you are the way you are.

4. ScorpionFrog

ScorpionFrog New Member

Prozac is a drug that people build up a dependancy on. If you are off it, stay off it. Work your mindset into such:

Whenever you feel angry or get a mood swing - Go for a run, or light jog to increase the seretonine levels and remove adreneline. Work up a sweat and make your haunches ache slightly, this will be a good indicator of a workout.

If you have an ipod or whatever, put some chiling music on it when you go running, nothing to high tempo because high tempo music will make you spin into anger again.

After said workout have a nice warm bath or showever (bath is good, drop some lavender oil in it or some such aromatherapy oil) also if you take a bath, take a good book in with you.

It works because its how I avoided the shrink and prozac when I left the Army :)

5. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

i am nervous about getting on meds but i have been really nervous about decisions and changes going on in my life. god i dont know what to do

6. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

made up my mind

i'm going to go on it for 2 weeks and see if i notice anything. did anyone else feel memory loss when on it?