Should i get an iPhone?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cossack, Sep 7, 2009.

1. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

so i was gonna get an iPod for my car, But i need a new phone as well, so i was intially considering a black berry and an iPod but i saw the iPhone and got to thinking how convient it would be to have a iPhone-3Gs so i would always have my music and always have a phone in hand with a charger in my car.

My question is this i currently pay 80 bucks a month for my phone how much would my bill go up with the the basic plan(450 anytime minutes, 500 night and weekend I never talk on my phone anyways, with unlimited text messaging) and im keeping my number. also does the iPhone work in in korea seeing as it takes a sim card?

http://store.apple.com/us/iphone/se...d711b8dc1ce260471b8496ab64c80ec918513d750589a

2. Pepe

Pepe New Member

your plan will probably go up about 10 bucks a month (depending on state taxes). i would HIGHLY suggest getting an iPhone, it fills the need for so many things its incredible. you can use it in korea, you will just have to unlock it (very easy, takes about 15 min, pm me if you need info), then you can purchase a prepaid korean sim, pop that in when you get there, and you will be ready to roll.

3. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

thanks thats what i wanted to know.

4. xuntilthexendx

xuntilthexendx New Member

I dunno about it being 90$/mo. Mine was like $120/mo but I think I might have had the 900 min plan. Honestly, it's pretty much like two different worlds. Blackberry is pretty different than the iphone. I started with blackberry and had a few different models (all of which I loved) and just recently bought the 3Gs. Had it for exactly two weeks with it jailbroken and unlocked. I loved the fact that I had my music and my phone all in one. But, I didn't like it. The phone is a battery whore and it makes sense because of what type of phone it is. To me, battery life is one of the most important things in a phone. Plus, I didn't like the touch screen that much. So I took it back and bought a brand new curve through t-mobile. So, my suggestion is try both of them and take advantage of the return policies if you don't like them. Good luck!

5. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

If you have ability to charge (at work,in the car) then using the iPhone for everything isn't an issue.

The iPhone is battery intensive especially when on the Internet utilizing data and the screen so much.

6. Mrjanko

Mrjanko New Member

do u like to be productive? If so, stay far away! Ton of fun, but im always on the damn thing!

7. Rampage

Rampage OT Supporter

It's a yes/no question. Ask yourself.

iPhone = multimedia device
    Blackberry = business device
    Regular phones = general device

As yourself, what you need more.