Should i get a macbook v. current Pb owner

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Legend Zero, May 23, 2006.

1. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

I currently purchased a powerbook in septemember, and i am wondering if i should go ahead and sell it (12inch g4 1.5ghz superdrive) and get the middle white macbook? I was going to get the Applecare on it, but that would end up costing me around $240, if i sell my current powerbook for 900-1000, i could use the money i was going to spend towards the applecare on the macbook, and get the applecare for the macbook next year.

Thing is, i don't really use my computer for anything power intensive, (mostly adium, mail, safari, itunes, word...) pretty general apps.. my original plan was to just keep my 12inch pb for another 3-4 years...

Only Reason i really don't want to sell the pb, is 1. i am for the most part satisfied with it, 2. it was a graduation present from parents, and i don't just want to sell it away kinda? It may make them feel bad..and heh, don't want to be a terrible son..

so what would you guys do?m:)

2. rpark

rpark New Member

I did it.

I'm glad I did, but who isn't happy about getting a new computer.

3. cftofu2k

cftofu2k OT Supporter

is the 512 mb of ram good enough. im planning to get the mid macbook white.. with the upgraded 1gb possibly. but seems pricey for just that option.

4. Turkey_Sub

Turkey_Sub New Member

Upgrade the memory yourself, I just upgraded to 2GB and it cost me $200. Im planning on selling my current memory on ebay for about $80 so yeah, it virtually cost me $120 to upgrade to 2Gigs of memory.

5. robwormald

robwormald New Member

i love my macbook as well, my ram is on the way