SRS should i fight this ticket?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mojo, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

so i was driving 30mph on a 30mph street @ 11pm nighttime. the light turns yellow and i slightly gas it a little more leaving my rear tires on the crosswalk of the heading side of the intersection. my rear tires was at the end of the intersection when the light turned red. so about now, im cruisng around 35mph ish. then a cop busts a u-turn and pulls me over for running a red light and going 40mph.

1) this officer was a block down and could no way measure my speed rating when hes like 700feet away from me at the ONCOMMING side of traffic. by the time he made that u-turn, i even pulled over before he flashed his sirens

2) i doubt he could tell i ran the red because he wouldnt be able to see the white crosswalk marks at such far distance. i truthfully ran the yellow and my rear tires was on the end side of the crosswalk lines when it turned red

3) how likely am i to win the court case if i fight this ticket? do i stand a chance? (red light/40mph on 30)

thanks all:x:

2. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Wrong Forum?

3. Mojo

Mojo New Member

sorry if i posted in the wrong forum

but i want to hear others input, advice, suggestions, just about anything

thank you

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I just would pay the damn ticket, you did go 35 mph where you where only allowed 30 mph, and if you bring this to court its going to cost you a hella lot more time/effort then just paying up for it.

Does this mean you are guilty? No, but i would say that it's better to bend then to brake in a situation like this. And if the ticket price is not too absurd, i would pay for it.

5. Mojo

Mojo New Member

red light tickets go from $200+
    40 on 30 would prob be another 200 as well

35mph on 30mph is speeding, yes, however, it is a reasonable speed in some situations. weather was fine, just dark. there were many street lights as well. only reason why i was doing 35mph was to aviod the red light. as soon as i exited the intersection, i let off the gas to ride it out back to 30

6. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

I find when it's your word against the cops word...with no evidence....you're shit out of luck.

I'm not sure if every State has the same system, but the last time I had a ticket for an incomplete stop, I contested the ticket in writing as instructed on the ticket itself and had the fine reduced in half after a judge read over my situation.

Just be cordial with it. My friend who's a cop says he usually lets people go with a warning unless they start bitching. I'm sure this applies to some judges as well.

7. Mojo

Mojo New Member

i was thinking of taking a photo to see how far distance the intersection was and where he was. take a photo of where my car was at when the light was red, a photo of the intersection at the officers view (2 blocks away), and photo of how far the front of my vehicle was away from the intersection when the light changed to yellow.

the intersection is on 48th ave while the officer was at 50th ave. right after the intersection on 48th ave, the road bends at a 90 degree curve couple hundred feet after.

8. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

If you just go to court and explain your story and ask for leniancy (if you insult the cop or say he is wrong in any way, you are fucked), then nothing bad can happen.

9. Mojo

Mojo New Member

man... i was trully going 35mph at most, no way in hell id drive 40.

but im gonna go to court and ill make sure not to tell them im right and the officer is wrong. cause i know for a fact the city wants the money, best ill get out of it is letting me goto traffic school for the points and reduce the fine a little. better than nothing eh?

fcuking crooked cops:fawk2: earning last minute quota to keep there jobs

10. bottomline

bottomline Guest

jesus... the stupidity in this thread...

This is why you don't ask OT about anything legal-related.

11. Mojo

Mojo New Member

why is that?

12. coma

coma New Member

Listen to him^ because he's right. I ran a red light and was cordial (w/policeman) without being sarcastic and he let me off. There have been other incidents where I was let off with a warning or reduced potential charges just by not being a smart-ass.