Should I do it?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by garagegenius, Sep 22, 2008.

1. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

Here's the background:
    I'm technically married although in process of divorce. Me and my wife have been separated for about 3 months. I'm a good looking guy (not trying to sound conceded) athletic, in good shape, etc. So I have never really had trouble in the female department. My problem is that I'm still "married." I have been talking to a lot of girls since me and my wife split. There are a couple that I would consider possible dating situations with, and a couple that would be just a sex thing because they are both hot but annoying, others I'm not really interested in anything more than friends.

So I'm having a moral dilemma here. I don't want to go right into a relationship really although I really like one of the girls. Would I be right to just mess around with one or both of the one's that would be a sex only thing? Obviously I'm not with my wife but I kinda have this thing in the back of my mind that says it's not right. What should I do? :noes:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Do you really think you are ready for another committed serious relationship? Ask yourself this first.

I know you "really like" one of the girls, but is she going to disappear anytime soon? What is wrong with enjoying your good looks and good fortune and just meeting women, getting to know them, sleeping with them, whatever, before getting into another committed relationship that could end in 2 months with you smacking yourself for attempting to have something serious again.

The one thing I do think is you should be honest with whatever girl you meet in telling them you are still married but are in process of divorce. If your marriage is over in your mind and you know there is no coming back I don't see how it is morally unsound.

3. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

Good point about the relationship. I know I'm not ready for something serious but I could see me and the really like girl in a casual dating situation. As far as the marriage, it's 100%, no doubt, never to be reconciled, over.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

I hear ya. How long have you known the girl you are interested in? Does she know you are still married technically?

5. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

We've only known each other about a month. I was completely up front about my situation with her and she was totally cool about it.

6. I

I Guest

I don't see a problem with what you're doing, just take it slow.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Oh good, that's a plus :) It's up to you to do what you want. You can casually date her and just see where it goes. Don't put too much pressure on it.

8. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

I think that's what I'm going to do. I really want to leave the door open to other possibilities too. So I'll keep it as casual as possible. I told her when I was explaining the marriage thing that I wasn't ready for anything serious and she seemed to be on board with that so hopefully she won't try to push it. :x:

9. iwishyouwerebeer

:bigthumb:

One day at a time

10. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

Cool. I'm feeling better about the whole thing. Thanks. :kiss:

11. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

i'll allow it

12. ripcurl

ripcurl Member

you are too fkn right all of the time.

GAH

13. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Yeah, you are just coming out of a marriage. Have fun and give yourself some time before you entertain the idea of a relationship again.

In other words, have sex and forget about the girl you "really like". Going through a divorce your emotions and vulnerability will play all kinds of tricks on you.

14. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

That is very true. I'm a very level headed person and I've been all over the place lately, emotional roller coaster style. I'm just ready for the divorce to be over. :wtc:

15. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I feel you man. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. :hs:

I promise that the emotions will balance out and you'll return to something of a normal life in time. Not sure how much time it'll take, but for me it took about 18-19 months.

16. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I think you should go to the Pony and motorboat some strippers. Worry about a relationship later.

17. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

I've been like 6 times since the split. :hsugh: PPS though. I'm "friends" with the bartender. Free drinks at the shoe show FTW. :bigthumb:

18. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

if she's ok with your situation then keep on trucking. I had the exact same deal when my paperwork was finalized.

19. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:rofl:

free drinks? nice.

20. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

Last time I went there was 4 people including me drinking on my tab for about 3 hours and it was only $16. :cool:

21. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

well next time you go holla at a nigga....I love free booze...

Although honestly the last time I went to the PP I was disappointed. 90% of the girls I see on campus (at GA Tech) looked as good or better then the strippers and I don't have to pay to talk to them.

22. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

Fuckin true that. There are some pretty hot ones on the south side but some are :ugh:. I think we might go this weekend. Gina Lynn (sp?) is gonna be there and my friend wants to see her. Will PM with info. :bigthumb:

23. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

24. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I would say to check your local laws first. The last thing you want is to find out that dating before a divorce is final could result in your wife being able to say that it was cheating (still technically married because divorce wasn't final, unless you're legally separated), and that could throw the whole divorce settlement in her favor. Laws vary between jurisdictions. But it's best to check the laws where you are to see what ramifications it could have if you start dating.

Some places may say you have to get a legal separation first. Some places say it's considered cheating/adultry until the divorce is final. And some places just say that as long as both parties testify that they were living separate lives during that time, any dating during that time was fine. In some areas where dating will affect the divorce outcome, it could result in the person who "cheated" losing more than they otherwise would have.

25. garagegenius

garagegenius New Member

Yeah I was kinda worried about that too but I think that since it's been documented that we are separated then she can't use it against me. I'm not totally sure on the laws in GA though. I guess I could ask my lawyer. :dunno: