SRS Should I cut my hair?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by M.E., Feb 21, 2008.

1. M.E.

M.E. New Member

im 24, a dude, and have been growing my hair out for 4 1/2 years...and being 24 i'm kind of in the middle of:

if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains-Kevin Spacey (swimming with sharks)

i like my hair...i'm blessed to have a full head of hair, with no signs of balding in the future. but the direction my life is taking right now, the hair may hinder certain opportunities.

all my friends that are going places and successfull say i should cut it, all my stoner loser friends say i should keep it...man...thoughts?

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

yea get it cut

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Get a haircut hippie.

But seriously. My friends are all hippies and they all had beyond shoulder length hair until they woke up and realized they needed a real job. So they cut it, got great jobs and they don't cry about it. Never associate who you are by the length and thickness of your hair :ugh:

4. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Man, fade it up and temp the sides bro, I'm sure you'll love the cleaned up look.

5. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I just had all my hair cut off. It makes everything easier. I get more attention from the lady friends, but not from the same type of lady friends. I also make more in tips than I used to. I can get away with more shit now. Its kinda nice.

6. fallenauthority

fallenauthority OT Supporter

Cut it, you wont regret it, I used to have kinda long hair but i cut it and im much happier now.
    before:
    [​IMG]

after:
    [​IMG]

Big difference right? Do it and dont look back.

7. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

Sorry but it's hard to find a man with long flowing hair attractive. Also it's not professional looking. Cut it and it's a win win situation.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

Holy hell, 346853709237846 times better

9. M.E.

M.E. New Member

thanks for all the advice...i was going to wait for my 25th birthday...but this is something that i think needs to happen much sooner. Definately going to style it really crazy for a weekend before i chop it off. :bigthumb:

10. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Donate it to locks for love, you can get your haircut free that way.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

Before my bf cut his hair he teased it out...then cut it into a mullet for 2 days. Everyone's stares were too much so he finally cut it off :mamoru:

12. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

I had below shoulder length hair until 21, went from 30$ every 45 days at a hair salon to a 1" guard on some clippers in my bathroom. Havent grown it long for 14 years.

13. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

If you are missing opportunities because of your hair and you want to experience those opportunities....then cut your hair.

If you either aren't missing opportunities or don't care about missing those opportunities, don't cut your hair.

Either way, I would encourage you to choose. Don't let us choose for you. Just realize that no matter the choice, you not us, will have to live with the decision.

14. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

No matter the length get some style. The poster above's shorter cut was vastly improved because before it had no style. It almost looked like Robin Hood hair.

Usually 24 and long hair means greasy and long scraggly rocker hair that looks like shit. As opposed to styled long hair that is a stereotype of rich European hair.

I have a bunch of friends with above shoulder hair but still longer for a man. They are all styled and they work in a bank, an accounting firm, and a corporate sales job.

15. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

I met a guy in Denmark who went the entire 6 months with long hair in a pony tail, and no pussy. Like clockwork, as soon as he got it cut chicks were more responsive to him.

16. Mangina

Mangina New Member

Ponytail man. It's win-win.

JK, cut that off asap.

17. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I'm about your age and my wife encouraged me to start growing my hair a few years ago. I had always had short short hair, so it was a major deal when i started growing it out. Now its down to my shoulders and I get nothing but constant compliments. I work in a professional atmosphere, and never hear any negativity about it. I keep it combed and clean, and I take good care of it.

I also have never had chicks run to me like they have since I have cut my hair. My wife gets jealous but its hilarious (till we get home :rofl: ) In the end, do what you do for yourself. If you do anything to please someone else, you are only doing yourself harm. If you want to grow out every hair on your entire body and look like an ape, then go for it. If you want to shave your entire body and be a smooth cueball, then go for it.

Your appearance can show alot about you, but its more how you carry your appearance than just generally how you look.

18. M.E.

M.E. New Member

nevermind...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  19. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

Post a pic before you cut it :x:

20. M.E.

M.E. New Member

i look like this guy:

Before: half breed with a wild ass fro and everything

[​IMG]

potentially After:

[​IMG]

might do this before i cut it though:
    [​IMG]

21. iwishyouwerebeer

If your hair looks like that can't you just cut it a little shorter? I find that hot.

22. kissingurami

kissingurami New Member

:bigthumb:

23. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Are you having trouble getting a job?

For me that is the only question.
    It is very much within your employers rights to NOT hire you cause of that.

I am not saying they are right.
    I am not saying that you are not the right person for the job.

But the bottom line is.... some jobs you can go to work looking like that and some you can't.

If you are having trouble getting employed that is a good place to start.

24. M.E.

M.E. New Member

[​IMG]
    like this?

its 60/40 on them not caring, i always make sure they are cool with my appearance during the interview, and ive even held corporate jobs that did not mind...one boss who was actually bald and told me to never cut my hair and "enjoy it because one day it may not be there....male pattern baldness is a motherfucker!"

it's really just the type of attention i attract in social settings, that has influenced this, and a need for a change.

25. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Bear in mind that the guy telling you this is not necessarily the person to make the decision about hiring you.

I am not trying to come down on you or tell you what to do. I am just simply making the statement that it is important to be bluntly honest with yourself about this.

If you have a job currently then I say don't cut it. Fuck it.
    But if you go and interview and don't get the job offer then you might want to consider it.

That is all I am saying.
    I am actually on your side. If I owned a business (and I half heartedly tease my wife about opening one occasionaly) I want the best employee for my money. I don't care about race and I certainly don't care about hair length.