Should I cross that friends line? *long read - short version included*

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by thachewster, Apr 22, 2006.

1. thachewster

thachewster New Member

I have known this girl that lives just around the corner from me since i was 8 or so and we have always been pretty close and have made out before when we were kids. Anyway, last week she text me saying she had got in a fight with her boyfriend and would I go a walk with her so I did. She told me why they fighted (which isnt really important) so I told her to come to a party I was going to take her mind of things. She agreed to come with me to the party which we both got pretty drunk and ended up staying over at the party in the same bed and everybody thought we were boyfriend and girlfriend because we were so close to eachother.

Then she sent me a text a few days later saying she got dumped by her boyfriend and she wanted to do something fun. Well it just so happened I was going to another overnight party a train ride away so I invited her and she came. And during this party, we were in a spare room talking and she kissed me...but not any kiss...a real passionate kiss and she said ' forgot about this in the morning ' and went to continue kissing and i stopped and said 'why should i forget it? ' and she said ' because it might be weird between us ' so we continued kissing and somebody interrupted and we stopped.

Later on in the night we were lying outside on a bench alone just staring at the stars and we started kissing again, and I asked was it weird for her and she said ' no, it feels like we should have been doing this the whole time '. So we really hit it off that night, kissing eachother whenever we could and eventually people started going to bed and we were offered our own room...

As soon as we got in our room, we locked the door and got straight to business straight away, throwing eachothers clothes off. However when I moved my head down to go down on her she stopped me...and said what if we regret it in the morning..maybe we shouldnt do this as we're both really drunk...and i was more than happy with the kissing and was not the type of person to ask anybody to do anything they didnt want to do, especially her so i lay down and we just kissed and fell asleep for a while. Then during the night she started kissing me really passionately again and this time she didnt stop me when i went down on her and after I was finished doing that :mamoru:

We just sat up all night and kissed and joked around with eachother and when morning came we still kept kissing (although we were still a bit drunk) and we kissed while waiting on the train, when we got on the train and when we got off the train. After I had dropped her home, she sent me a text said ' I have never felt anything like that in about 10months (she was going out with her boyfriend for over a year), you really give me butterflies!'

So we went a big walk today up a walking park and we ended up lying on the grass while she picked daisys and we made out (sounds corny i know) but today she never initated any of the kisses like at the party, it was always me...now Im thinking did i only make her feel that way at the party because she was vulnerable and wanted to feel that way?

This is where im stuck. What do I do? Do I keep her as a very close friend who I simply kiss or try and go further with it?

All honest thoughts appreciated.

**********Short Version*************
    Went to an overnight party with a very old and close friend who had broken up with her boyfriend the night before, we both got drunk and ended up kissing all night and me going down on her. She text me the following day saying 'I made her feel something she hadnt felt in about 10months (she had her boyfriend for over a year) and that I gave her butterflies. Then following day when we went a walk, she never iniated the kisses like she did the night before, it was always me.
    This is where im stuck. What do I do? Do I keep her as a very close friend who I simply kiss or try and go further with it?

All honest thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

2. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Be careful man... she is probably on the rebound from her ex. If you want to take things serious with her, I'm not sure if now is the best time. She probably still needs to get him out of her system.

3. thachewster

thachewster New Member

Thanks for the reply dude. I understand what you mean and thats one of the big things in my head, just seems like I cant stop thinking about her now but I don't want to keep kissing her if she doesn't really want to. If you get me?

Thanks again

P

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

I agree with this. And "the rebound guy" rarely ever works out in the long run. I've watched friends have rebound relationships and the longest one I ever saw happen was 1 yr. long. Wait until AFTER she's had a different rebound guy and THEN make your move.

5. thachewster

thachewster New Member

Thanks for the response.
    Couldn't stop thinking about her today :(

How do you go from having a best friend (ok i always thought she was hot) to going to want something with her?

6. smitty06

smitty06 New Member

i was just in a similar situation and all i can say is be careful because now that you have fallen you can get hurt easily. i know i was. as far as what can you do all i can suggest is take it slow and let her get the old bf out of her system.

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

1. Next time don't start talking when she's kissing you. HUGE mistake.

2. Don't talk about it at ALL. Be yourself! Joke! Flirt! Be fun to be with! SHOW her how much of a cool guy you are.

3. Will it work out? No, probably not. Just don't push the issue AT ALL and it may repeat itself. I strongly recommend you lock your heart and feelings down and do NOT tell her you are falling for her (and don't fall for her, either! ;) ) and just take it as you can.

As soon as you start "talking about it" she'll run. Be a challenge. Act like it didn't happen. Don't treat her special.

You know, you should check out David DeAngelo's site - www.DoubleYouDating.com and sign up for his freebie email thing. He's got tips that can help you enjoy your time with her a little more. However, I'd be amazed if anything comes of this. I'd fully expect her to go back to her ex at some point (could be wrong, since there are not enough details.)

8. thachewster

thachewster New Member

Thanks for the responses, they were very helpful.
    To update you, she text me last night asking if things could go back to normal as its a little too much too soon so to be honest I'm kinda glad she told me instead of just playing along. As soon as I got the text message, it was like closure and it was kinda relieved lol Now I can go back to just being friends, gonna try and be closer friends though.

We never really got to see eachother because she was always with her bf and we've never actually done friend stuff except for partying and going for walks so gonna start taking her to the movies and for a pizza and stuff. Just as friends though ;)

Thanks again guys!

9. EmiB

EmiB New Member

:mamoru:

10. thachewster

thachewster New Member

I was typing very fast! lol