Should I contact my ex (first love)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by XOX, Sep 6, 2008.

1. XOX

XOX New Member

I'll try make this as short as possible.

Met her when we were 15, started dating soon after, turned into a serious (in the young days) relationship. Cheated on her when I was 17, got back together shortly after but then broke up mutually. Haven't really spoke since.

Cut to now, I'm 19 and even though I am currently with someone, I can't stop dreaming about her. It's almost everynight, even if it's not about her she's in it somewhere. I wake up and feel the need to text/call her, ask her how she is, ask her if she wants to meet up sometime, just to talk, just to do something. Last night was the most extreme dream, it went on for what seemed like hours. I was round her house seeing all her family again and we were all getting along, we werent together but it was clear it was going to get that way. I woke up this morning confused as fuck. I think I'm still in love with her, or I've just never gotten over her because when we broke up we didn't really talk about it or get any closure.

The problem is she has a boyfriend, and has been with him for about a year now I think. They're obviously happy together as he's planning to move to where she stays at university to be with her :sad2:

What should I do? :hs:

2. Clock

Clock Guest

Given the situation with her boyfriend, do not contact. If you are going to, wait unti he is out of the picture. But four years? I'd say move on.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

NO!

You're currently seeing someone, she is seeing someone, and you want to meet her based on feelings of lust? That would most likely end in disaster, either you two mutually cheating, she rejecting you and being creeped out, or her not wanting to talk to you at all.

Plus, if you got together at 15, and she's now 19, she's probably not the same girl you remember.

4. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

What you do? stop thinking about it and turning it into something it's not. YOU had the dream, nothing more nothing less. The reason you keep having dreams is because you spend your time dwelling on how strange and wonderful and curious it is that you had your initial dream.

So you had a dream, end it there and move on with your day, I would not contact her, past is the past for a reason. You also cheated on her, suck it up. It's not all about you.

5. thehighlight

thehighlight New Member

No. It was a dream, nothing more.

6. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

leave her be.

7. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

it's called euphoric recall. Don't call her. Move on.

8. Leo_Polenta

Leo_Polenta Hello! My name is Anna and I'm Leo Polentas g/f

9. Netbastard

Netbastard OT Supporter

You cheated on her once already, and now you want to cheat on your current gf? Stay away or trouble will ensue.

10. Two toys

Two toys New Member

this happened to me, i told her how i felt, things didnt end up really anywhere, i remembered we broke up for a reason and have been fine ever since.

for me telling her didnt get us back together but it made the feelings/dreams/thoughts go away in a round about way.