Should I compund my Camaro SS next Time?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by BradUF, Nov 11, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Honestly, I am done with the car for a while because I have spent 7 hours on it. The car looks great for a distance and up pretty close but there are micro scratches that just wont go away. It is really bad on my spoiler, so many micro scratches and polish doesn't seem to do anything. I used SSR 2.5 followed by SSR1, followed by KAIO and KAIO filled it. Filling the scratches seems to be the only thing that works...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Axles Of Evil

Axles Of Evil New Member

I know the feeling... but trust me, youre one of the only people that notice probably. just drive it and enjoy it for a while.

3. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I found the problem guys someone on autopia chimed in on this and its the exact problem I am having. My spoiler and hood are rock hard...

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

whoa. you have a hardtop SS? that's rare. and honestly, you got pretty aggressive with that 2.5 didn't you? Isn't 3 the only step above 2.5? fbody paint is really hard, so to really correct, it will take some work. just make sure you keep the pad spinning as well as oscillating.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I had to use Optimum's Hyper Compound and a yellow LC cutting pad to make an appreciable reduction in the swirls the last time I detailed a newer Camaro.

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I made 3 passes of 2.5 and 2 passes of SSR1 on the hood...

Yeah it is a hardtop because T-tops always leak and reduce the structural integrity.

8. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Yesterday I used Menzerna's Power Gloss compound on a 69 Camaro that I've been maintaining. It's always had some micro scratches that I could never get out........until now. I used the UDM and orange CCS pad. I worked the compound a long time. A lot longer than I usually do. I made for sure that I broke the chemical down. Man, it really worked!!!

I'm not saying that it's Menzerna alone but I feel it's that I took my time.