Should I call?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Handsom3, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Handsom3

Handsom3 Our wrongs remain unrectified and our souls won't

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (HTC Touch Pro: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

Okay, so I've been out of the dating game for a while and need some advice here.

This past Saturday night we went out to celebrate my friends birthday as well as another girls birthday. When we got to the bar two girls didn't get in because they didn't have two forums of ID. So my friend and I decided we would hang out with them since they couldn't leave because the limo had already left. My friend was interested in one of them so I played wingman for the night.

Of course after a little bit of conversation I found out the girl I was talking to had a long distance boyfriend. No big deal though, wasn't really looking for anything. We talked for hours, literally 4 hours, about all kinds of crap including her current relationship and my past. Both of her friends kept telling her how cute I was and that she needed to cut the cord.

About 2:00 am I left her with her friends to go drag my other friends out of the bar to make sure they would be there for the limo to pick them up. After I got my party on I sat in the front with my friends and chilled. She got on and walked by not saying a word. Then one of our mutual friends came up to me and said that she wanted to talk to me some more. So I headed back there and sat next to her.

For the rest of the ride home she kept asking me relationship like questions and kept her hand on my thigh the whole time and would lean into me to laugh. End of the night I asked her for her number and got it. She kept telling me what a good time she had. I told her I'd call her. However, this is where the dilemma stands. I'm a nice guy by nature and would never want to be the "home wrecker" type, but I really found I had good chemistry with this girl. So basically I'm wondering if I should call her or not. Halp!

Sorry for the shitty cell post too!

Cliffs:
    * Met a girl that I wasn't intending to met.
    * Spent a good amount of time getting to know her.
    * Has a long distance boyfriend (Sounds like it is going down hill though.)
    * End of the night she gets touchy feely and gives me her number.
    * To call or not to call?

2. SuckerPhree

SuckerPhree New Member

All is fair in love and war, right?

Sounds like someone is going to get hurt anyways...

I say yes... but maybe wait a day.
    Give her time to think and weigh the situation.

Maybe get to know her more as a friend first.

3. jonno

jonno New Member

call her if you're interested. but keep in mind she was acting that way around you and had a bf. is that someone you want to get involved with?

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Here is the really important question:

What do you want out of this relationship?

Do you just want a casual relationship, nothing serious, possibly centering mostly around sex?

OR

Deep down do you know all you want is to start another long term relationship like the one you just had?

I ask because if it is the latter you need to forget about her for right now. This girl is like the hundreds we read about in this forum all the time. She's in a sinking ship of a relationship but she stays in it because she's comfortable. And guess what always happens? Someone new comes along who intrigues them and suddenly the LTR seems stupid and they either cheat or just jump right into the new relationship. But what happens more often than not is after the initial amazing feelings fade they realize you were just a rebound and then you get dumped, sometimes for the ex who they had a "real" connection with.

If you are just in it for fun I still say don't call her just yet. But this is just because I follow a strict moral code and I would just tell a friend you aren't interested unless she's fully single. Why is this also a good idea? Because if she has been in a long term long distance relationship she's most likely going to have a ton of baggage and issues from dumping him so fast for you. The thrill of someone new always wears off eventually. It's always fun to imagine the new giddy feelings instead of working on the relationship you are in, so she could easily use you.

5. Handsom3

That is more or less what I'm looking for. I've pretty much gotten over my ex and looking to start back into the dating game. I was thinking of talking to our mutual friend and she how interested she is in me. I'm not really looking for something serious right now since I am still enjoying my free time right now. Would just like to have someone to chill with and what not.

Also, my ex got a new number and of course my dumbass picked up before going out that night. She decided that she needed to talk to me, so I was like sure why not. She basically let me know that she has been sick; throwing up randomly, fainting, and not eating for days at a time. I did feel a little sorry, but it wasn't the same way I used to feel for her. So I guess I moved on. :x:

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I think your best option is to go through a friend about her, so tell the friend how you feel, what you want and go from there :)

:rofl: She's so pathetic trying to get your attention

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

call early in the week for a weekend date

don't call and ask her to "do something"

plan the date before you call to invite her

know the when and the where and all that

8. Joybang

Joybang New Member

We seriously need someone who is good at basic programming (maybe like visual basic) to make a "Should I call?" program. it would save countless threads. While they are at it they can make a "What are the odds my SO is preggos?":x:

9. Joshua

Joshua ambition over everything OT Supporter

I think we should just go back to the

DO U LIEK ME format

[ ] Yes
    [ ] Maybe
    [ ] Buttsex

10. Flameboyant

Flameboyant Member

what ended up happening?

11. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

That's where I stopped.

12. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

and hope the buttsex box is checked :bigthumb:. Really though IWYWB is dead on in that you should tell you friend how you feel and go from there. She is in a relationship so I think dating her is a bad idea even if she says she is unhappy because that is just an excuse and if she was really that unhappy it would've ended. But, however if you want to just hang out and have fun with no intentions then by all means go ahead.

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

:rofl:

14. Handsom3

That's pretty much what I did, so she is going to see what is up for me. I'm sure I'll run into her this weekend at the bar and have a chance to chat with her. Like I said I'm not really looking to date her in any serious way, would just be cool to hang out with someone of shared interest.

15. amore11

amore11 New Member

good call