Should I buy?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Flying_fox, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Flying_fox

Flying_fox OT Supporter

I am getting fed up with my laptop and am now looking to purchase a Desktop. I searched around, trying to find something i liked when i came across this beautiful computer from HP, the Firebird 802. I have read up on it and have not heard anything too bad about it, just upgradability issues. I have thought about building my own computer but i have never really seen a case that catches my eye like this. Most look like something taken straight from an F-16. At just under $1000 on Newegg i don't think i could go too wrong with getting it. Has anyone else here owned one, or know of anything extremely horrible about it?

2. eideteker

eideteker Who jarked off in my frakkin' coffee? OT Supporter

Specs?

EDIT: OK nevermind, I looked it up on newegg...

Decent CPU/RAM, not sure on the video card but will you be gaming? The integrated water cooling is neat, but how long will it last? It certainly looks tits, but I'm not entirely sure it's worth a grand.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  3. MSTRBKR

MSTRBKR New Member

That's a lot of money. Personally I wouldn't pay that much as a lot of that price is for how it looks.

4. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

I agree. It looks great to be certain, but the lack of upgrades and the steep cost would steer me clear.

In short, there is a reason most cases look the same. They have found a balance between form and function thats hard to beat.

5. Flying_fox

Flying_fox OT Supporter

I wont be doing all too much gaming, alot of my collection is older games. Gotta love GOG. Yes, it is a bit, and im still gonna look around, but it is supposed to be extremely quiet, low power consumption, and i still cant get over the design. Alot of my friends have the XCLIO that has has those 2 Humongous fans, they swear by it, but i hate how its looks, and the thing is rediculously big.