Should I buy this Panasonic Deck?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Needmorefunds007, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Needmorefunds007

Needmorefunds007 Where do we go from herE?

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Panasoni...vertical_~t129335?search_string=panasonic+383

http://www.epinions.com/613129_Pioneer_DEH_2300_CD_Receiver/display_~full_specs

Its on special (the Panasonic deck), I'm getting it for 160$ with install included. I have stock 99 Accord speakers, and I am not planning on upgrading my speakers etc...anytime soon. Is this a good system ? Will I have that lag time that many people on here complain about when playing mp3z? Thanks guys. :)

EDIT: Sorry about the link, the first one is the Panasonic one, and the second is a Pioneer one that I'm considering. I could get the Pioneer one of a friend for like 90$, but I wanted mp3.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2003
  2. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

?????? You ask about a Panasonic deck, then give a link to a Pioneer deck that isn't MP3 capable. Sorry, I cannot help with your question.

3. Needmorefunds007

Needmorefunds007 Where do we go from herE?

Anybody? I'm going to go purchase it in a couple of hours? Should I go for it or anybody have any bad feedback?

4. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Never heard anything bad about Panasonic, but I would personally spend a little more and get a better deck made by a different company. Did you look on Ebay? I got my Alpine from Ebay last week, it was brand new, and was recieved 4 days later. I got mine from finestdeals on ebay, here is a link to the reciever you should get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3037935312

Last edited: Jul 28, 2003
  5. Pac00799

Pac00799 Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice

For the price, I would buy it.

I've never had any problems with Panasonic decks.

6. Mack_Daddy

Mack_Daddy We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigar

Same here, right now im runnin a pansonic deck and i feel it was a great investment!

7. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

panasonic is a pretty solid brand, and they seem to be improving. if i could not get alpine, or pioneer(my second choice) panasonic would be it.

8. misha

misha New Member

read my post on top of page.:mad:

9. misha

misha New Member

Ok, now that I compared my brand new panasonic 983U to my 3 year old pioneer headunit, I must say that the pioneer blows the panasonic away in terms of sound quality. If you are at all serious about car audio, do not get the panasonic unless you are planning on adding an equalizer or a crossover down the line. As far as MP3's go, the panasonic plays them perfectly with no lag watsoever. I am strongly considering on selling the panasonic and getting a new pioneer unit.