Should I buy PS2?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Diablow, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Diablow

Diablow Guest

I already have an XBOX, but I have heard a lot of good stuff about PS2 and Dreamcast. Which should I buy, and why?

2. The_Rock

The_Rock Guest

Oh shick yes!!!!! With hot new games like WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth, everyone should buy a PS2!!!!

3. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Is it me, or were wrestling games cool only when I was in elementary school? I had WWF and Pro-Wrestling for NES. Since then, they just don't cut it for me.

If you can swing it, get a PS2. I bought a PS2 last summer. For like 2 weeks I had regretted buying it. But then as more good games came out for it, I realized it wasn't so bad. Then I bought the Gamecube a few months ago....and yesterday I bought an X-Box. Good thing my g/f is understanding about it :)

4. alnen

alnen Guest

No man, save the money. There are several good (hopefully anyway) games coming out over the next few months for Xbox. Also, Xbox Live is coming out, save at least $50 for that...

5. Yes get a PS2. Here are the reasons:
    SOCOM Navy Seals
    FFX
    FFXI
    Kingdom Hearts
    Grand Theft Auto 3
    Grand Theft Auto Vice City
    Devil May Cry
    Devil May Cry 2
    Maximo
    Everquest
    Gran Turismo 3
    Headhunter
    Onimushue 2
    Soul Caliber 2
    Virtua Fighter 4
    Shinobi

Other reasons:
    Network Adapter (August 26th)
    Backwards compatibility
    Linux Kit with game writing software
    plus a shitload more this is just the short list of reasons to get it.

6. QS

QS Guest

yes

Sums it all up!:big grin:
    But you forgot Madden 03 an the best football game i've ever played to date...NCAA 2003:bigthumb:

7. Cue-Ball

Cue-Ball I hate you, Milkman Dan

:werd:

I had an Xbox before a PS2. I avoided buying a PS2 for the longest time because i didn't like any of the 1st gen games. But now, it's a different story. I never touch my Xbox anymore but the PS2 gets used pretty much daily. Get a PS2. You won't be disappointed.

You can still play on Xbox Live when it debuts. From what i've seen, Unreal Championship will be the only game worth playing for a long while anyway (unless you're a big sports fan).

8. OT84

OT84 Guest

i got a cube...but thinking about a ps2 cuz of the 199 price, but then again, i need to save up for a computer for college :( planning on building one off newegg

9. Re: yes

Im not a big sports game fan. thats why i didnt mention it.

10. Notchas321

Notchas321 Guest

well that about covers everything

11. Wiggin

Wiggin I can change my text and didn't have to pay shit

When is Devil May Cry 2 coming out? And GTA Vice city? Whats that and when is it coming?

12. Devil May Cry 2 is still in development, rumor is early 2003 for release. GTA Vice City is the next Grand Theft Auto game. Also slated for an early 2003 release last I had heard. Though I have seen a few rumors saying it will be out in time for the holiday shopping season.

13. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

AS an X-Box whore...i cant say i can find a reason NOT to own a PS2...go get one....NOW!

14. Cue-Ball

All of the gaming sites and game stores are saying November of this year. Just in time to compete for my time with Xbox Live. :big grin:

15. Screw Xbox Live. August 27th the PS2 Network Adapter and SOCOM Navy Seals come out. Did I mention that there is NO FEE WHATSOEVER to play SOCOM online?

16. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Somehow i have this sneaking suspision that their will be either hidden fees, or their network will be suck ass slow.

17. the only fee you have to pay is your regular monthly service charge to your intrnet provider. As you do for internet. Of course MMORPGs such as Everquest, FFX!, and Star Wars Galaxies will have fees. But thats to be expected. But according to the companies producing the first wave of online games (SOCOM, Twisted Metal, Etc.) There will be no fee to play them online. Not only that, but when you get the network adapter, you get a mail in for a free copy of Twisted Metal online.

18. calteg

calteg Those who would sacrifice personal liberty for sec OT Supporter

Don't take things so seriously...life will kill yo
    Urm....how about Tekken 4 (soon)?

19. Cue-Ball

WRONG! There *is* a fee to play SOCOM online....it's called a $40 modem/NIC. At the risk of sounding like an Xbox fanboy (which i definitely am not), from everything i've seen, Microsoft's online service is just going to blow away Sony. Period.

The Xbox already has a hard drive and NIC built in. That means that Xbox users will be able to download skins, levels, patches, etc. PS2 users won't, because the game companies know that the installed base of PS2 hard drives is minimal. While Sony may not force you to pay a fee to play online, you do have to buy the modem. Also, the fee that Microsoft is charging seems VERY reasonable to me considering all that you get. For $50 you get the communication headset and a years worth of service for ALL games. That's about the price of one game, and less than the price of most MMORPGs. Since all Xbox games will use the same server hub, you'll be able to see when your friends are on and what they're playing. It'll be really, really nice to be able to invite my best friend into a game, or go join the one that he's playing. Can't do that with Sony's online system because each developer has their own servers. Because of the fact that consoles do not have keyboards, the voice capability of the Xbox is the #1 selling point for me. Have fun playing SOCOM with all your buddies when you've got no way to communicate. I'll be busy trash talking people in NFL Fever and using teamwork in Unreal Championship.

I love my PS2. I play it all the time. But the only reason i can see to even consider PS2 Online over Xbox Live is if you don't have broadband or if you just HAVE to play one of the Sony exclusive titles.