Should I buy my girlfriend earrings?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jeff Merr, May 28, 2008.

1. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

My girlfriend was/is an attention whore, I've gotten her to settle down quite a bit since we first started dating about 8 months ago. I've learned from previous relationships and never gave her one bit of attention, and over time she came begging for me etc. We were off and on for about 8 months, but in the past 2-3 weeks we've been pretty close, I'm pretty confident that she isn't seeking outside attention anymore because she knows I will drop her like a bad habit. This past week she told me she loved me for the first time bla bla bla

Anyways, she had always hinted at me getting her these earrings for the longest time, since I didn't want to be like every other guy she's had and put her on a pedestal and treat her like a princess I would always blow her off. Well the earrings are only $100 and now that I think about it I've never really boughten her anything. Either I've been caught up in playing this "bad boy I don't give a shit about you role", or something like that. Should I break and buy her the earrings? the cost was never an issue, it was the principal and showing her that I'm not like every other guy and can drop her and go get someone else and I don't need to buy my women etc., I'm just not sure when to drop the image and give in a little. Any advice is appreciated thanks.

2. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

If you truly care about her, you will drop the front and treat her with respect. If she genuinely cares about you, she will drop her AW ways and treat you will respect as well.

If you have to ask yourself whether to drop the front and start treating her nicely, you cant possibly truly care for her, and therefore should save the $100 bucks and spend it on yourself.

3. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

I just know how she was before, and I have this feeling like no matter how she acts, or how much she tells me she has changed and loves me now etc., I will always have the old her in the back of my head. Her last boyfriends bought her everything because she canived them into treating her like a princess, then she shit on them. I was different because the instant she tried that with me I told her to go fuck herself and stopped talking to her. She keeps saying how she's never had anyone treat her like I have bla bla bla. Maybe she's just trying to make me feel bad for never buying her anything, now that I think of it, my time/affection should be the first thing she requests. I guess I answered my own question?

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

why doesn't she get them? my bf has never bought me jewelery :dunno:.

5. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Just sounds like another attempted method of control and dominance over the BF, as she had over other BF's.

I say abandon ship.

6. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

Here's a thought...why not love her for who she is?

7. io

io New Member

I think this girl deserves you to stop playing games, attention whore or not...

and you can start with those earrings !

also let us see them

8. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

I really feel like you're being a dick to her. even calling her an attention whore...she does deserve some respect, you know. I understand what you're trying to do, and that you've been screwed in the past and know that she's screwed people in the past, but you cant just never do anything for her (emotionally or in a concrete way) and expect her to stick around forever.

Some girls just like to be spoiled, and almost all girls like to get something every once in a while. If you've never gotten her anything, even a card or a little trinket of sorts, over the course of 8 months, yeah I think you should get your girlfriend earrings. Just not buying them on principle is silly to me.

9. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

fuckin' :werd:

10. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Well it hasn't been 8 months of joy, and she really doesn't give me anything out of the relationship except sex, unless you want to count all the stress and anger that I've had at numerous times throughout the 8 month off/on "relationship". Not only that I probably spend 200+ a month on her just from going out to dinner and doing things. I feel like if I buy the earrings I'm now on the same level as her other pussy boyfriends who got shit on once they gave into her. She's told me the other day she got one of her ex boyfriends (boyfriend at the time) to pay off her credit card bill once. I'd rather not get into a 10 page essay on the topic, just wanted some diff opinions.

11. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle *lube'n up the shock paddles*

so keep fucking her till you get bored....if she isn't serious relationship material then who gives a fuck...

12. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

ok well then who are we to convince you or change your mind? sounds like its already made up to me. You dont respect her, she doesnt respect you, relationship is going nowhere and you just cause each other grief. Cut your losses and get out, or keep fucking her unattached. She's a user, thats obvious, and you're putting up a wall and she'll never be able to get in, so you cant ever have a successful relationship.

13. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I don't think you need to buy her anything if you've only been truly serious for 2-3 weeks.

And if she wants the earrings so badly, why doesn't SHE get them?

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

This thread makes me very sad. The whole relationship has fail written all over it followed by the TS saying all women are attention-seeking whores.

Don't get her the earrings.

15. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

So wait, she's never gotten you anything?

16. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

1) This relationship is going nowhere! You have convinced yourself that she portrays a certain personality that you detest. Regardless of whether or not she still acts in that manner does not matter; you've imprinted her past into both of yours' futures.

2) It sounds like there is just a lot of game playing going on here. 8 months on and off like this with constant game playing (her being the AW, and you playing the "I don't give a fuck" badboy).... It sounds like high school.
    You're so content to put her in her place that you've lost scope of the entire point of having a girlfriend.

3) You stated that she has been better, so why not reward that? Her other b/f's were not giving her stuff to reward her, they were doing it because that is what they thought was required of them to keep her interested. They didn't have the balls that you have, and if she really has settled down, why not slow-down on the tough guy act and reward her with a pair of stupid $100 earrings if it really will make a difference to her.

4) You buying the earring shouldn't change anything. You are showing you care, you listen to her wants, and are rewarding her. If she starts the mind games again after the purchase, then revert back to your previous ways and let her know that nothing has changed in regard to you giving her everything she wants.

5) I really hope you're not putting too much stock in this relationship. It sounds like a fucking trainwreck.

17. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

buying the earrings isnt going to make up for you "being the bad bay dont give a shit about you"

if you have this front up so she doesnt shit all over you, the relationship is doomed. you cant keep the front forever and have a happy relationship (which you already stated has not been great) and if you put the front down, she will take advantage of you. no win situation

if she is as bad as you make her sound (telling you she wants the earrings for months now, bragging about how she got a bf to pay off her credit card debt) then i wouldnt buy her the earrings. it shouldnt be about the material things. the first piece of jewelry my SO bought me was my engagement ring, yet i had no reason to complain or be upset that i didnt get anything sooner. if shes complaining, its a bad sign

18. fray

fray New Member

why are you still in the relationship? She doesn't sound like relationship material, and you don't sound very happy and can't even be yourself. It sounds like work all the time. Are you just in it for the sex?

Don't feel like you need to buy her anything. You haven't really been that serious for that long. I don't think you should need to reward her for being loyal, that should come naturally in a relationship.

19. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

Do NOT buy her the earrings.

20. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (100: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11328/308; U; en))

You cant turn a ho into a housewife, trust me.. You didnt get her to change anything

21. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

:werd:

All my girlfriends whether they had money or not i never spent a shit load on them. I always split everything down the middle, therefore no one has to bitch about paying for the other person. Even the G/f i am dating now we do the asme thing, everything gets split or i pay and she pays the next time. If it's the fact she was like this before. Plow it for a bit and then GTFO. I would not buy her anything until it is shown to me she cares more about me then some piece of jewlery. I have never had a g/f tell me about a single piece of jewlery they want, but i have only bought one piece of jewlery and that was when i almost proposed.

Remember if you buy her this piece of jewlery for nothing... your setting a presidence (spelling) for future gifts. I wouldn't do it. save the money find a girl worth the time.

22. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

It's men like the OP in this thread that give men in general a bad name. I know that most guys (thank god) aren't like that, but he makes me want to reach through my screeen and give him a good bitch slap.

:slap:

23. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

Wow some guys are real assholes. Sounds like you treat her like shit. Maybe you shouldn't be together. So what if other guys spoiled her, obviously they cared. A big mistake people always make is carrying old baggage or "lessons" from past relatoionships into their new ones. You don't have to treat your gf like a piece of shit or like she doesn't deserve your attention.

24. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

agreed

25. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

if she wants the earrings she should buy them. If she can't afford them, she shouldn't be trying to goad him into getting them for her. You can't expect to get a gift from someone.

And it's quite easy to show someone you care without buying them a single gift.