GUN Should I buy everything I want before 2008 just to be safe?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CString, Jun 21, 2006.

1. CString

CString New Member

Looks like we're gonna have a Dem. in office more than likely. Who knows what gay anti-gun legislation will be passed. :greddy:

2. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

The Dems want us to have guns!

Just as long as it's only a bolt-action hunting rifle or crack barrel shotgun.

3. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Didnt Bush originally say he wasnt going to let the AWB sunset? At this point I would be more worried about state legislation thats anti-gun as opposed to federal. When was the last time the Feds did anything in regards to firearms laws anyway?

4. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Yes he did
    The AWB, which is why everyone is worried about it coming back if they take control again. I'd be worried about 2007 too though, since Bush did say he would sign it if it reached his desk. If the dems get control of the congress again a new, no sunset AWB will most likely be one of the first things they push for.

5. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

its my view that its not the democrats you need to worry about in terms of AWB....and at least we'll get this shmuck out of the oval office and hopefully put somebody that has a clue in there....flame away i dont care anymore....bush is a putz and if you think otherwise youre in denial
    I think at this point its certain anti-gun politicians not isolated to a single party that are gonna make the waves we associate with threats to our priveledges...my .02

6. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Is it still possible for Bush to re-enact the AWB even though he let it sunset? Wouldnt they basically have to start from scratch? I still dont think the Democrats, or the Republicans for that matter, would put firearms at the top of the priority list seeing the current state of our nation, and with the fact that there hasnt been any major firearm related crimes that made national news in quite a while.

7. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

i forgot to add that if it really worries you that much, then by all means go out and line the pockets of the evil black rifle industry by purchasing as much crap as you want....i doubt the supply of hi-cap mags, flash suppressors and other evil goodies will go up in price anytime soon if another AWB occurs because of the past 2 years the industry spent churning out that stuff as fast as possible to make up for lost time...
    ive got my share of hicaps, evil rifles and goodies....im set

8. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

The AWB is a part of the democrat's legislative agenda. They are the ones that the anti-gun groups lobby hardest and so they pander to them. It was the republican congress (again, Bush said he would sign any AWB congress passed) that refused to renew it. You are WAY more likely to see it with a democrat controlled congress than republican.

Not to say there are not anti-gun republicans out there (i.e. Bloomberg, although he is only a republican by name, he was a Dem until he figured out being a republican would get him elected).

9. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

No, they would need to start from scratch. They would put it up there because the general public is too brainwashed to oppose it. They would support it and it would be an easy "win" for the dems to show they are in control.

10. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

The version the dems wanted when the sunset occurred had no provisions for grandfathering. It was a turn-it-in-or-else bill. It was also a much stricter bill that would have outlawed weapons that were legal under the old AWB (no post-ban models, in other words).

11. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

I would start buying everything you want now and alot of high cap mags. Bush has really hurt the GOP and the dems have a good change of taking over the house or senate or both this fall.

12. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I dont doubt it would be an easy win for whoever wants to push it, however there would be some foreword of it that would hopefully allow enough time for everyone to stock up. I'm still not sure why they would even want to push forward with it though unless it becomes a hot issue, for example a school shooting, major gunfight with police, etc. There are other key issues that would favor them better by simply showing they are doing something about them IMO. Only time will tell though, and quite frankly I suspect that if anything does happen it still wont be as strict as what CA already has going.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I think only a fool would call the next election now, its just far too early to tell. You need to think of state bans as well. Gun sales are up, concealed carry and castle laws are popular. I think its going to be a tough sell for a ban right now in most states and on the federal level. The gun control people consider the grandfather clause a reason why the federal AWB didn't work. If they tried it again, they might try to get rid of it and just make them flat out illegal, non transferrable, regulated like class 3, who knows.

You're trying to predict the future with a TON of variables. Buy what you want, but don't go into debt for it. Spend more time getting people into shooting and letting your legislators and candidates know how important than issue is to you.

14. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

the more i learn about the way this country likes to handle its law abiding citizens, the more im beginning to think were not as "free" as we think we are.....
    im beginning to think this country loves to flaunt the whole freedom and liberty rap to everybody and their sister, but meanwhile our govt is a hippocrite to its own logic.:rolleyes:

the right to bear arms....well not really....just the ones we say you can own....

the right to free speech.....but just dont say this word....or this one....or this....and definitely DONT say this or else....

15. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I'm planning on buying mostly mags this year, maybe a few guns. If it's Speaker Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Reid after this fall you can bet your ass a new AWB will be passed within the first year, and Bush's dumb ass would probably sign it.

We could be seeing a new ban way before 2008.

16. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

if a new AWB gets passed you bet your ass ill be vacuum sealing all my hi-cap magazines and other items and hiding them as deeply as possible.
    this country is fricken stupid...............

17. Furner

Furner New Member

i would worry about what legislation we can get passed before 2008 as well. I think that right now is the best time for any sort of national CCW law.

18. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

2 guns that will be GONE if the dems get control....50 cal and the FN Five Seven.

Also, buy ammo NOW, not next year.

19. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

They`ve been head hunting the .50`s for awhile now

20. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

What are you so afraid of? Maybe Bush's approval numbers are down, but the election is 2 years away, and he's not even running again. And besides, its not like the Democrats have any sort of plan or party unity, much less an actually electable candidate. Hillary running in 08 would be the best possible scenario for Republicans. She is totally unelectable.

21. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

there is no way they will win back both the Senate and the House. Unpossible. I would be SHOCKED if they won back even 1 of the 2.

22. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

I'd bet the FS2000 will be on a new list too.

23. mvizos

mvizos New Member

Umm, you know what they say.

If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up. :run: :noes: :run:

24. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

This is looking more and more like it's going to be my next handgun purchase. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

25. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

damnit, I was going to say that.

That being said, I just love going to college in farm lands, where everybody has a gun, and there is plenty of space to dig very deep holes that will get covered over with crops untill they need to be redug :o