GUN Should I buy a Kel-Tec P32?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jago, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

I can pick them up locally for around $250. The guy I was speaking to had a little clip attached to the side (like you might find on the side of a folding pocket knife). I tried it in my pocket and inside the waist band of my pants and I really liked it. Very light weight and easily concealable. I couldn't even feel it. Opinions on it?

I wasn't able to fire it unfortunately. :wtc:

2. Jago

Pic for reference.

[​IMG]

How does the .32 round compare to a 9mm? I don't have any experience with this caliber.

3. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

If you're planning on using it for personal protection, I'd suggest finding one in a higher caliber, .32 isn't that strong.

4. Jago

Its for a backup. I hate carrying full size guns when wearing shorts or running to the corner store. I need something I can throw in my pocket quickly and not worry about.

5. -RUNNR

-RUNNR Insanely truthful

Bought my wife one...

6. itchiban

itchiban Guest

I think they the best light carry for the money. Idealy I would want to have a P7M8 on me for those days when im wearing very light clothes. And in AZ thats like 9 months out of the year. But the Kel-tecs are smaller and 300 > 1200 (not really, numerically 1200 > 300 :fawk: ) I eventually want to get one after I get my Sig.

Oh and I know the .32 isnt the premier defense round, but having a p32 on you is better then having a nothing on you. If you really need the 9mm, the P11 isnt MUCH bigger, the slide is just 1/2 longer but the grip is almost 3/4 of an inch longer. Its a bigger gun for sure, but for the kind of gun they are, i would just get the P32 or P3AT (the .380 )

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

i have both the .32 and the .380.

Get the .380, much better round, comparable to a .38 Special. The gun isn't noticably bigger than the .32 though.

$250 is tops, you should be about to find something for $230 or so.

8. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i would agree with kellyclan on the .38. and he's the man to go to as far as recommendations with keltec mouseguns.

9. Jago

You said the P3AT isn't much bigger but what about the weight? And how does the recoil compare between the two?

10. kellyclan

The loaded weight difference is about .5oz, in the hand, i really can't tell them apart.

The .380 is definitely a snappier shooter than the .32, (say like a .40SW to a 9mm) but i still do fine with it out to 25 feet. Any farther than that, and i'd be shooting it over my shoulder as i run away. :o

11. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

go to www.ktog.org to learn about kel-tec pistols. You can also learn how to do the "fluff and buff" there. I plan on getting one of their .380's sometime, but I don't have the money right now, and my CHL expired before I could renew it, so it wouldn't do me much good at the moment anyway. But I hear that with kel-tec, it's either hit or miss, so if you get one, I hope you get a good one, and do the fluff and buff on it.

12. kellyclan

KTOG has some great tips, but keep in mind that people who get lemons are usually more vocal than happy customers. No less than 20 of my personal friends have various Kel-tecs, and i'm the only one who's had a problem (bad mag spring). i have to disagree about them being hit or miss, i don't think they're any worse than any other brand.

F&B if it makes you happy, but they break in just fine with a couple hundred rounds through them. :wiggle:

13. Mitch'SS

Mitch'SS New Member

I carry a P-11 with a belt clip everywere off-duty. Very confortable, easy to get to, and easy to clip to your belt line and be on your way.

14. Vatoloco

Vatoloco In a pinch, though, you could jam it into someone'

I have one and have NEVER carried it. I thought it would be much less cumbersome than my Glock 27 that I carry IWB, but the Kel-Tec just doesn't fit right in my pocket. It gets lost way at the bottom. I guess I need to find a holster or something for it.

15. footratfunkface

that costs a bit more, too.

16. footratfunkface

well, if you can't eat, you're not going to live anyways.