Should I be so aggravated?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Orly_Yarly, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Orly_Yarly

Orly_Yarly New Member

k..

My girlfriend and I have known each other for about 10 months. Been dating 8 of those 10 months - everything is great. BUT.....

She is 5'6" tall, about 125 pounds. Fit, lean, overall nice looking body. However, every now and again, I hear "God I'm fat!" and it just pisses me off! Why? I'm 6'2" tall and I weight about 240 pounds. You wanna see some fat?? I'll show ya some lol When I make a comment towards myself about 'fat' (normally a joke) she's all up in arms, jumping my ass about 'no your not, blah, blah.' However, when she says something towards herself about being 'fat' and I get all pissy with her, saying she's basically full of shit, it's war!

I realize, everyone has their own issues with 'fat' no matter their height, weight, etc. However, my defense is, is if she looks at herself, being what height/weight she is, what does she really think of me??? I mean, I'm no pre-subway "Jared" or anything but I'm not fit and lean either. I got a tummy.. I got me some man-boobs, whatever..

So I try and tell her - in my own nice way - do you realize that when you say negative things about yourself, especially your weight, when you don't have a single roll or stretch mark on your body - how it makes me feel? She says, 'well when I say it, it's true - when you say it, it isn't.' wtf..

If she thinks SHE'S fat, jesus, I must be absolutely obese! How else am I to address the situation??

2. Capt. Hammer

Capt. Hammer PM me for rates on express consent. OT Supporter

Subtle my girlfriend is hotter than yours thread

3. Orly_Yarly

Orly_Yarly New Member

:rofl: :squint: no

4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

You're taking this waaaaaaaaaaay too personally dude. She's not even thinking of you when she comments on her own body. I promise you.

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Here's a novel idea - exercise with your girlfriend.

6. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

Chicks are very good at picking apart their bodies. Even when we are skinny we still find faults.
    My husband us large and doesn't exercise. I am not super skinny, but I have definition and I exercise.
    I love my husband to death and think he is one hot piece of arse. I don't look at him as a weight. I look at him and see a wonderful man who makes me feel special and sexy. Just like how he looks at me and doesn't see my stretchmarks and saggy boobs and see's a hot piece of arse.

We all look at our partners differently than we do other people and ourselves.

As a woman who sounds like your g/f I wouldn't take it to heart. I have a go at my body because I don't like my body. Not because I think my husband is a fat ass.

7. THoC

THoC New Member

this was my ex. 5'8 weighs 120. she would complain about her thighs and stomach.

what did i do? simply complimented her and jokingly called her a retard.

i think girls that look good at times put themselves down just to hear you compliment them. its an ego thing. they just want to hear they look good.

8. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I think you could say that about most women, but I feel the need to clarify that I don't talk down my body so my husband will compliment me. I want to like my body because I like my body and it is up to my standard of what is good, not because someone else has told me I should

9. poormanq45

poormanq45 OT Supporter

I'm surprised no one called it...

Women typically have very low self esteem and crave positive reinforcement.

I believe that you have not gotten past that stage in the relationship yet. There should come a point where she knows she's beautiful simply by the way you look at her.

Note: Not all women go through this...

10. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Used to piss me off when my last ex did that. Great body, but always talked about how fat she thought she was to the point where it annoyed me to no end.

But I'm not fat.

11. Cosmic_Agent

Cosmic_Agent New Member

:werd:
    This is pretty common, dont let it get to you man

12. Acciaio

Acciaio New Member

Don't tell her that her legs could club a seal. My gf didn't think it was as funny as I did. She was having one of her "I feel fat" days.

You pretty much can't win. If you say "no you are not fat" they don't believe you/ brush it off. If you joke about it or agree with them they get all Vesuvius on you.

13. Rellik

Rellik New Member

retarded thread

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

personally i would have fun with it by agreeing with her and making fun of her for being "fat"

its good (for you) that she has this attitude because it will most likely keep her thin into the future

would you rather be slightly annoyed, or have her get fat?