Should I be pissed at my GF?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Socrates, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Alright vag crew --- I stepped out of the dating world and into the relationship world, and i'm getting lost, lol.

Today my girlfriend was talking about her best guy friend, whom she dated for 2 weeks a while back, but decided it was too weird and broke up.

Today, I asked her to make sure he doesn't say any macho thing like "If u ever hurt her, i'll put you in the hospital" or anything like that. Probably good to know she has friends like that, but as a Marine, I have a problem with some 17 year old pimple faced chump talking to me like that.

We got into talking about what I would do if he said that to me, and I told her I would physically hurt him for talking to me like that. It's disrespectful and not needed. He is some punk loser with no job, who is he to talk to me like that?

So she was saying "Baby, i'm serious, don't do anything to him if he says that. I'd be really mad, and I would break up with you."

I don't know about everyone else, but when I get into a relationship, I always see it going forever. I am very serious about relationships.

If she is willing to break up with me over something like that, is that sending out red flags that I shouldn't be with this girl or that she will end the relationship for other small shit?

2. keleko

keleko yes, he is

hrm

eject.jpg?

3. Fallout Girl

Fallout Girl New Member

How long have you guys been together?
    Is it possible that she doesn't think that you have proved yourself important enough to put you before her friends yet?
    Granted she did date this guy and that might make the fact that she is still friends with him a little uncomfortable in your relationship, she should make it clear to this guy that she has moved on and that she is happy with you.

4. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

idk, sounds like your an asshole and need to just relax to me. Take it easy man

5. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Sounds like you took a hypothetical situation and used it to vent your insecurities and hate for him...You're with her, who cares what he might or might not ever say to you. He's out of the picture and you're in it. That should say all that you need to hear.

Give your girl a break. If you're thinkin about leaving her bc she's not willing to let you beat him to a pulp over a childish comment, she might as well question her position on staying with someone who would react so strongly to a hypothetical comment. Breath and enjoy your relationship with her, not fear what the future holds. ENjoy today.

Aslo as a marine, you should have better self control and discipline.

You said in this thread http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?p=52348818#post52348818
    "Jealousy is fed by insecurity, and insecurity is unattractive" You come off unattractive talking like this.

Or this in another thread http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?p=52349360#post52349360
    "Wanting to beat this guys ass is a childish dominate male monkey move."

That was in response to a guy wanting to beat up a guy for tryin to go to the prom with his GF. What would make you think you would be any more in the right to beat up your GF's ex for makin a comment, then the poster whose actions you called a childish dominate male moneky move? Hmmmm.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  6. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

Was the guy friend there before you? If so...he wins.

Plus, its pretty retarded to threaten a guy you dont even know with bodily harm. Even if it is disrespectful. You may even get along with the guy (which would REALLY solidify you as a good guy with her)

Lastly, she broke it off with him because it was weird. Shes with you, not him, let the ego go down a notch or two.

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

um, who are you to resort to physical means so quickly over a mild comment? :hsugh:

that says a lot about who you are.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  8. lauren

lauren Active Member

yes, just because someone says something stupid, means it's completely appropriate to stoop to their level.

:hsugh:

9. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

:werd:

It's asinine for other's to try and "step in" on behalf of one party or another when it comes to a relationship, but it's even more asinine to talk like this guy is..

"Ooooohhhh I'm a Marine, respect me fucker, don't talk shit, I'll snap you.." :greddy:

Real Marines, the guys that I respect, aren't fuckwits that would say that kinda shit.

10. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

Some battles are better off not fought to full potential.

Pulling him aside and talking to him will suffice.

11. rudeboy3

rudeboy3 New Member

marines earn there right to say things like ill snap you.

12. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

My father is a very hardened military man. He doesnt speak like that to anyone.

It doesnt mean he doesnt get respect, but its not becuase he's an officer. its becuase he's a good guy.

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

:ugh: no.

14. Pringles

Pringles New Member

We'll since your a Marine I'd expect a lot more maturity out of you. If he talks shit to you ignore him as he is the insecure one since he is trying to attack you. Most of all he is probably jealous or scared of what you have taken from him in her. If you can stand and be the better man but not being an asshole and taking the "beating" then you show her a level of maturity that you have in you. Personally I can do this quite well, but for others it's hard to not lash out at those that attack you. Unless he does some physical damage to you I'd just keep your thoughts to yourself and be kind. After all this is her "best friend." If you dont win him over chances of her wanting you wont go well either.

15. Devilish

Devilish Remind me AGAIN

If someone said something like that to me, I'd just be like "yeah no worries mate"

Let it bounce off you.

If she's going to dump you over something like that though, that is plain stupid.

16. jonno

jonno New Member

it shows a lack of self control, which is unattractive. i'd be pissed if she said that though..

17. evh

evh Active Member

18. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

Depends on how long you two have been together. If you've only been together a few months, then that's perfectly reasonable of her. Also, there's a lot to be said for someone having the self control to not react as you said you would. Simply laughing at him and saying "well I don't think we have to worry about that" would probably be far better than hurting him physically, all things considered.

19. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Stupid to dump someone over them beating up one of your best friends? Are you fucking kidding me? :rofl:

20. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

It's not small shit at all. Saying something like that says a lot about you. I'd never put up with a guy that tries to prove his "manliness" by beating up someone. You are an adult, act like one. Adults don't beat someone up because they don't like something he said.

21. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Good advice guys!

You're right --- It would be childish to stoop down to that level.

One thing I want to emphasize on is about the Marine thing. I would never say anything in a fight or anything about me being a Marine. I normally don't even tell people i'm a Marine when I meet them, unless it comes up. I wasn't using that to sound better than anyone or anything.

I'm not scared of her breaking up with me. That would be insecure, and I know as soon as she broke up with me, I could be fucking all of her friends and find a new girl the same day. I just don't want to invest all of this time and emotions on a girl 2 months before I leave for Iraq, if she is just going to bail out soon.

If he says that to me, although I would feel like choking his ass out, i'll probably just laugh at him and make him feel stupid for saying something like that to me.

22. Narcissistik

Narcissistik We are all born original, most die copies......

You have some security issues brother.

Who cares what people say to you....people can talk but YOU choose to listen.

Trust and a little maturity go a long way.....

23. ices

ices New Member

That's a good start, haha. If you've met the guy before and got off on the wrong foot, just talk to him. Most punks will be too intimidated when someone is rational, and an genuinely caring guy will listen. Reassuring him that you appreciate his concern for your girlfriend, and following it up with a firm handshake is enough to alleviate most of the tension.

edit: Just reread your post, and he hasn't said anything along those lines yet? You should take the initiative and try to get off on the right foot.

24. low20

low20 Member

lol, thats funny you say that he cant "talk to you like that" while at the same time your calling him a pimple faced loser with no job. Hyporytical if you ask me. I know a few marines actually a few military people and they all have the same mentality. If I dont like what you say, Im gonna beat the living hell out of you, because I think I can. If you are mad about her saying that then yes, you should brak up with her. shes prolly woried that you will make a big stink abuit any guy that approaches her, in tunr, she will have NO guy friends except you, which would make you very protective and controlling.

25. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

No, it's her telling you that you are violating one of the most important issues a real man should have: self-control.

If you do actually do that, or talk like that, you're not much better than the drunk frat boys who go to bars, get drunk, and fight. YOU'RE the one sending out red flags here.

Get that stuff in check. Remember, if he was so stupid as to say something like that, HE'S the one with self-control issues, and she will be more pissed at him for starting stuff. And if he does say something like that, you're more than welcome to tell him to stop sticking his nose in your business and then walk away.