Should he get a chance?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Epiphany, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

So New Years I went out with my cousin and her fiance. I met one of his friends who I knew OF before because he worked in my company but I had never met him. He hung around me the whole night and he was really sweet. Seemed like a great guy but when he wasn't around everyone (and I mean everyone) told me to drop him. That he was a wild guy for what I'm used to and he drank too much... He didn't seem that way at all. So I trusted what they said and I started giving him less signals that I was interested. I was still nice but... didn't lead him on.

(For the record I noticed that night that he didn't drink the whole night which confused me after what everyone was telling me.)

Well... my cousin got married last weekend. He and I both were in the wedding. He was hitting on me at the rehearsal and sat with me for some of the dinner again. Again... I didn't lead him on but I was nice to him. I am really attracted to him but I don't want to get with someone who doesn't have all their shit piled in one place. He seemed like he gave up the day of the wedding...which I figured was for the best.

My cousin asked the next day if I met any cute guys that hit on me and I just said that he had a few times and kept me company when everyone else was smoking. She told me that he'd been crushin on me since New Years and to give him a chance! I was like... "WHAT HAPPENED TO FORGET IT, DON"T MESS WITH THAT!" She said he has seemed to mello out a LOT and stopped drinking completely on his own. She said that she thought it was because he had given up his girlfriend because she gave him an ultimatum. Her or drinking and he chose drinking and she thinks that he regretted that and thats what made him stop. She said... not because he wants her back but because he realized losing her meant he needed to get himself straightened out. He also was seeing people didn't want to be around him when he drank anymore.

She said, "He didn't drink New Years, we went out with him on St Patty's and he went to the bachelor party and didn't drink at any of them at all." He did however have a couple drinks at the wedding but was not drunk by any means... She said he gave up because I shot him down.

Cliffs: People told me to not get involved with their friend because he was a crazy drunk. He has cleaned up for 7 months and they are ok with it now.

Should I call him? Should I wait and have her tell him why? I don't think he understands why I gave him the cold shoulder. Should I not get involved at all? :noes:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2005
  2. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

everyone deserves a chance.

3. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

cliffs??

4. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

What have you got to lose?

5. Eris

Eris Yes please

I'd say give the guy a chance!

I know it's hard to go against what friends and family say, but you should always form your OWN opinion about someone.

Everyone deserves at least that much.

Reverse the situation, how would you feel? What would you want or expect from the other party involved?

6. ItchyDog

ItchyDog Guest

LOL OT: I find it funny how people like to analyze stuff. "He likes you cuz the wheel on his Honda dirt bike fell off, which means he realizes that life is short, so he wants to marry you"

Back on topic... I think you should give him a chance. After all he has enough will to stop drinking, which is very hard, so he might be a good man with some head on his shoulder. Go out on couple dates and feel him out :) Good Luck

7. sadangryboi

sadangryboi New Member

Dude totally give him a chance. Speaking from my standpoint (medium built asian) I kinda don't get much interest from glancin white chicks unless I'm with my white friends. But that's who I go for, after we talk a bit, they are like sweet this guy is not bad lookin and is really cool.

Everyone deserves a chance. Get to know em before you judge.

8. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

I would definately give him a chance. I think it was silly to have not given him a chance through heresay to begin with! GO FOR IT!

9. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

yep!

10. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

Call him and give a chance...sounds like all his shit is in one place now

11. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

for now, until he hooks up with this weirdo who has been analyizing a couple hours of flirting for like nine months, then he'll fall off the wagon for sure...

12. teo

teo . => ? => !

Give him a chance, but be up-front with him about what you heard about his past. If he was wild and now he's committed to changing himself for the better, he'll accept that previously he was a risk and your friends were looking out for you. Hopefully he can be the bigger person and move past that.

13. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:rofl: i'm a stubborn redhead, and i don't take anyone's word for anything, really. i always have to figure out situations and experience things on my own. my parents really hate that about me, but that's beside the point. ;)

anyways... i would definitely give the guy a chance. you don't know him at all. you've only been out with him a few times. sure, people can lead you on or keep important things hidden, but you never know that until you jump on in and discover it for yourself.

as far as you really know (have seen for your own two eyes), he hardly drinks at all. i think you should give him a call if you're interested in him. i DON'T think you should have anyone else but yourself tell him why you gave him the cold shoulder. :ugh: family shouldn't meddle in relationships. allowing them an "in" before anything between the two of you has even started WILL lead to :eek3: down the road.

good luck... and give the guy a chance! :)

14. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Proceed....with caution.