should have kept my mouth shut

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JordanClarkson, Sep 22, 2008.

1. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I said a couple of things that hurt a friend of mine who's been giving me indicators of interest, such as heavily flirting, being touchy feely, sitting on my lap, etc. I hadn't tried anything because she's married. I knew they were having problems though, because at her bday party she didn't even talk to her husband the whole night and it really bugged me because I like the guy. Well, the guy's actually a pompous ass, but I try to be the better man...

She and I were out to eat with friends one night where we were talking about relationships and how best friends make terrible couples because my ex and I were best friends. At this point I knew her relationship was on the rocks but I still said "Laura, you guys were best friends right? So I guess it can work". Part of me wanted to fish for information and the other part was trying to give her positive reinforcement, but I could tell that what I said had stung her. Oops.

A week after that we went out again and this time she fessed up that they had gotten divorced and it was final...this was why we went out, to celebrate. I confessed that I knew all along that there was trouble. And I stupidly brought up what I had said the week before and apologized about it because I had been feeling so guilty all week. She laughed but acted surprised and threw her sword (from her drink) at me. I should never have brought that up!

Later as we were helping her stealthily move out, while moving some equipment we scratched the finished railing, to which I said "that'll buff right out! ....sorry" I blame the 3 cocktails I had up till that point. :uh: She got upset, went into her room to talk to her friend alone, actually cried and asked her friend "why would he say something like that?" :o

After we were done moving her stuff I gave her a kiss on the cheek, in my mind as an apology and she said "omg he kissed me!" (I hadn't been very affectionate or touchy feely up till that point) But since then she has been distant and has gotten a new bf. :hsd:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  2. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

Yeah, leave OT speak on OT.

3. Reign

Reign Banned

Cool story Hansel.

4. JordanClarkson

The worst thing is that I've explained that joke to her before, so she knew it was to poke fun of the situation

5. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

not really OT speak as i've used it long before I was on OT, but true.

6. fray

fray New Member

I don't really see what you said that was so bad, aside from the best friend thing which didn't really seem to bother her. The crying sounds like she was just extra emotional about the divorce. :dunno:

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Yeah, I read it twice and had no clue what was so awful :ugh:

8. JordanClarkson

It was because it cost them a couple thousand to finish the railing and she wanted to leave the house without messing anything up. They were still living together and he didn't know she was going to just take off and move out like that.

9. TomBrady

TomBrady New Member

wtf is going on.

10. iblameluke

iblameluke New Member

this is the dumbest story ever

11. JordanClarkson

After that incident she changed her behavior towards me. She became very fickle and distant, even half-jokingly saying how it's best if we only hung out once a year. And then she suggested I wear for halloween a white tshirt with "got milk" written on it with a marker, while she went out and bought a $200 costume. :ugh:

12. Reign

Reign Banned

So be straight up and ask her wtf her problem is. You don't need people that are like that in your life (or maybe you do, I know I don't).

13. Netbastard

Netbastard OT Supporter

don't worry it'll buff right out.

[​IMG]

14. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

However I agree with keeping OT saying on OT, you said nothing wrong. I do realize she wanted to keep the place unscathed, but when you're moving (especially quickly as it sounds) shit is going to happen. Now, as far as you pursuing some relationship with her, I'd say thats a big negative ghost rider. She's just divorced, fickle in herself, fickle in the world, and most of all she is not ready for a relationship (maybe she is, but recently divorced usually = not ready) I'd live and let live at this point if I were you, be her friend, but don't give or take anything for more than a grain of salt.