GUN Shotgun or Ar next?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bigsnake, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Can't decide. I got some money for Christmas plus I plan on trying to sell some stuff I don't use anymore (Anyone want a Nitrous Kit :o ) to get some money and want to get a Shotgun or AR next.

If I do the AR route, then I want to register it as an SBR and get like a 14.5" upper. I kind of want a nice rifle.

If I got shotgun all I know is I want a 12ga. Is it worth getting a semi-auto? Not sure who makes good shotguns but I like the looks of the Benellis. This would also be a "tactical" shotgun. Not something I'd take dove hunting. Possibly shoot some 3-gun matches with it in the future.

2. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

I'd say AR but then agian that's only because I can't get one in kalifornistan

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What are your planned uses for each? just plinking the AR hands down, I got a mossy 590, fine shotgun i never really use it though. My next shotgun purchase will be a semi auto, going to pick up a SAIGA12 first chance get 8 round detachable mag ftw. the benelli m90's i think they're call are sweet too though.

4. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Mainly range use until I get everything to do some 3-gun matches and can find some around me.

Basically the shotgun will be for defense and shooting at the range.

The AR will be for range use. It'll also be a money hole if I get one because I'll want to get a nice light and ACOG for it :o

leaning towards AR but I've been to Gander Mtn. twice now to play with the Benelli they have there.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

my mossy is basically my homedefense/range shotty but it doesnt see alot of range use.. as an AR owner yes there money pits, I started out with a 20" bushy and it multiplied very quickly into 3 lowers, a couple different size 5.56 uppers and a9mm upper :o
    For range use you'll get alot more enjoyment out of the AR.
    and it'll suck up alot more money

6. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

I vote AR for the simple reason that you will probably get a lot more use out if than the shotgun. Eventually you will need a shotgun though :squint:.

7. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

When you actually fill out the paperwork for this, make sure that you fill in the barrel length box to read "0 - 14 inches" and the caliber to read ".17 to .50 cal" so that you can basically do anything you want to the gun now or later, legally, without refiling.

Tactical like this?

[​IMG]

:bigthumb:

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I don't have an ar yet, but I just can't see it being more fun than a shotgun. Powerful shot and a pump is a good feeling.

9. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I've heard that before about the forms and will have to see what they look like as someone else said they've changed the form that you can't do that anymore.

And Tactical like this:
    [​IMG]

10. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

You don't really need an auto unless you want one, you're obviously going to pay more for it. :dunno:

11. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I just want one.

I think right now I'll be doing AR-15 and then the shotgun. AR will get more use.

12. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

13. Fuck the AR, go out and get a stg-58.

14. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Because I really really want 7.62 NATO for a Carbine.

15. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

don't worry about him. by the way he talks, his mom was probably raped by a guy w/ an AR or something. he's got a grudge.

16. Have you ever shot the stg? It has a tiny bit more recoil than your beloved m4gery and is twice as fun to shoot. PS it kills what it hits too, now thats a benny sonny.

17. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

M4's bullet still maintains fragmentation distance out to 70 yards and if I don't put a 14.5" barrel on it, then I can get even farther out with it. I'd say it is still an effective killer counting the Navy SEALs are using even a shorter barrel I believe around 11".

And I don't see how the stg can have less recoil than something like an M1A unless it weighs more. They are still both gas operated... And rapid fire with an M1A within 100 yards wouldn't be very fast if I wanted aimed fire.

18. The recoil is all in the gas system buddy, and about the SEALs, thats very interesting, I don't recall any 10 inch barrels firing 5.56 Nato in team 5, thats 9mm AR territory, and the only time that ever got used was in the CQC housing, but then again the shortest barrel being used in the teams thats fring 5.56 is 14.5" coming out of the M4.

19. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

You're claiming to be a Navy SEAL now? :rofl:

Okay Armchair Commando... I salute you!

20. Nope but two of my best friends and roomates, SSG Sean Stokes and 2nd Lt. Josh Smitty are. Both are currently active and were part of team 5 arctic warfare before 911 happened and broke up the teams and currently reside in San Diego on rasecrans and Nimitz. So keep talking your shit, I know more about SEALs that you could ever possibly fathom, and they don't use 5.56 10 inchers.

21. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

dude, just do yourself a favor and IL him. when everybody ILs him, his trolling will go nowhere.

22. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Get an AR

23. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

So what do you do?

24. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

jack off to his friends' stories and then post on the internet about them.

25. I work for a contract under the Federal Government, mainly dealing with aviation scenereos and the like. I live in San Diego 4 days out of the week and in Phx 3 days out of the week, my headquarters is in Phx though.