GUN Shotgun ammo? :dunno:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sparq, May 14, 2005.

1. sparq

sparq New Member

Well as some of you may recall, I am looking to pickup my first gun. I am looking to pickup a 12 gauge and was doing a little "price shopping" for some thing in some local stores and online and I have a question. This might sound stupid, but is it illegal in New York (upstate, NOT NYC) to sell anything other then "field loads" ???

I was trying to compare some ammo prices, and I seriously could NOT find slugs or buck shot at any of the 3 stores. Is this stuff that usually stays behind the counters, or do I have to "special order" it from the store? :dunno:

2. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

There's no reason that it shouldnt be sold. Did you ask if it was behind the counter?

3. sparq

sparq New Member

Nah, I just wanted to do a little price comparing. I didnt actually get to "talk" to anyone. I was just curious. I mean why would some ammo be out, and not others?

4. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

some of it gets pretty expensive

5. 7

:werd:

Look at things like 3.5" hevi-shot and other turkey loads, as well as high-end slugs; with some of these loads you're talking $2+ a round.

6. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Almost every place I go to buy ammo has the buckshot and slugs behind the counter.

7. Seluryar

Seluryar Active Member

check walmart, not the site, but go there in person, my walmart, they dont keep all the stuff behind the shelf.

8. 7

They seem to keep everything except field loads behind the counter unless a season is coming in. They had all of the turkey shells out on the shelf this year but they ordered a fuckton of 3" but almost no 3.5"s :hsugh: The person in charge of the hunting dept. is the wife of a guy I work with during the summer :mamoru: