GUN Shot show parties?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fatmoocow, Dec 21, 2009.

1. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

So who has the lowdown on the AAC, magpul, whatever parties at shot show? Who is going, where are you staying. I need to book flights and hotel, but I don't want to be sitting in my room with two dead hookers and my thumb up my ass every night.

2. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

calling AB and Yar

3. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

and you will be anyways. nobody likes you

4. fatmoocow

that's why I need to know where people are going BEFORE i get there! :rofl:

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

I'm driving down with friends and staying at circus circus.

I also got invited to some aimpoint thing, but I don't have any details yet.

6. fatmoocow

so do you just show up and try to kiss as much ass as possible so then you get to shoot machine guns and race motor scooters at night?

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Honestly the industry parties suck ass. It is hard ass hell to get into some of them and when you do, it sucks ass. The glock party is super tame, bunch of old dudes, and cash bar. Imagine going to your parents party, no chicks, paying for your booze, no music, etc. Then some sales rep will walk up to figure out who the fuck you are and make stupid small talk. Gay.

The outdoor channel party is one of the better ones. Free bar, free food, and there are some chicks. It's heavy country western and they usually have a country band. We usually go and fill up on free drinks and bail as soon as the band starts playing. Honestly after doing that a year or two we decided we rather go someplace cool and pay for drinks.

It's fucking vegas there is lots of shit to do there. If your planing on going to strip clubs the spearmint rhino is the most ill. They had 100 strippers working at one time on a friday night. You'll see more industry people there than at the lame glock party for example.

8. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

I plan on checking it out. I've heard from many people it's the best joint in town.

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

We plan on going, you should roll with the GW crew

10. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

honorary sig shooter? :o

:coold: lets exchange numbers closer to the event

11. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

I still don't have my credentials

12. einhander

einhander OT Supporter

A few tips...

- Do not ever pay for a cab to a strip club. The cab drivers are paid by the clubs to bring people there. The club pays the driver ~$40 for each person. (This is according to a few cab drivers I spoke to as well as some strippers.)

How do you get a free ride then? Tell the cab driver you know this and that you want a free ride.

Alternately, if you have a few people, call the strip club and ask to be picked up at your hotel. Last time I was there (2 months ago), we had a total of 5 people and they picked us up in a limo (and dropped us back off) for free. Just tip the driver.

- DO NOT go to Rick's! (I know weird name for a strip club). They pay the cab drivers a little more to bring people there. So the cab drivers always push this place.

That was my first time there and it sucked.

- The economy sucks. As such, the girls are super aggressive. Won't take no for an answer, try to get you for 2 or 3 songs without telling you, etc.

ETA:
    I've never been to SHOT, but I was in Vegas for the SEMA convention. If SHOT is anything like SEMA, the industry parties SUCK big time. It's ALL dudes.

It's an "industry" party. Are there many women in the industry? Nope. That's why it's all dudes.

13. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

I'm going to a couple parties and staying at my timeshare.

Hoss, Yar, let's hit up a titty bar.

14. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

got room on the floor?

and i say again, i still don't have my credentials (not even sure if my wife would let me fly down.....maybe i'll drive :o it's only 1800 miles

15. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

If your serious I'll get you a pass. Don't remember how much they are like $14 -$24 something like that.

16. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i know that a lot of booths have models and shit working there - booth babes. :dunno: they might be at the parties? :x:
    :cool:
    i paid $20 for the whole show:dunno:

17. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Not unless the company pays the booth babes to be at the party. Even still the ratio is 30 to 1. Pretty much the first few shot shows your excited about going to the industry parties, if you work in the industry you might even be required to make an appearance. After you've gone a few years your pretty much over it.

18. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

I know WMD is generally more aware, but here a few tips for Vegas everyone should have:

DO NOT, under any circumstances accept a "ride" from any girls you don't know, especially black girls. They pick up drunk tourists, and one or another steal their shit.

Most prostitutes in Vegas trick roll the guys, meaning they get to you room and when you fall asleep, they steal your shit.

When you go to a strip club, remember that no lap dances are free, regardless of what they tell you.

The guys in the yellow shirts riding bikes on the Strip are real police officers, so if you see them riding, they aren't just hotel security. They won't bother you unless you are doing something incredibly dumb.

If you lose your wallet and look dumb, there is no way to get you temporary ID so you can get into the clubs. Regardless of what anyone tells you, it is not possible.

The Duece bus is a good deal. If you need to get down the Strip, take it. It's like $3 one way ad $8 for an all day pass or something. A cab ride down the Strip with be around $15-$20.

19. fatmoocow

The problem with the rhino is the same reason why it's awesome. Because there's a hundred girls you will immediately have five of them on top of you. This gets expensive pretty fast. if you're not too old you can get just as much action in the dance clubs, but that may be weekends only. Last time I went club pure in cesears was full of wasted college aged girls and they maintain about a 2-1 ratio to the point that there's a separate line for hot girls. Paris Hilton was there last time I was there.

Another tip: don't go to the "all nude" places unless you are a 6'5" African American man with a gun. Otherwise you just won't fit in.

I was hoping for cool shit at the industry parties, but hanging with old douches doesn't sound like fun. I really just want to go to the magpul aac stuff and do some shoots.

20. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:bowrofl: :wtf:

21. einhander

einhander OT Supporter

Not gonna happen unless the girls are paid to be there, like Yar said. Even if they are there, they're "working".. so it's not like they want to be there.

Industry parties are good for free food, free drinks, or networking.

Bring some nice clothes and hit up one of the regular clubs. You'll have much more fun there.

22. fatmoocow

You can use 6'5" interchangeably with 300lbs if you'd like. At least that's the place that I went to YMMV. :iorun: