GUN Shot my first IDPA match tonight

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jeepilot, Apr 1, 2009.

1. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I shot my first IDPA match at the Bridgeport range, for those of you from CT. It was a good time. it was at an indoor range, so the COFs were limited. We were able to get 5 COFs in about 3 hours with 12 shooters shooting only 1 COF at a time, and then switching. I went with a guy from work that was also shooting for the first time.

I've shot USPSA before, and he's shot GSSF. Coming from USPSA it was difficult not to run and gun. The first two rounds I did OK, but got a few procedurals. Then I started to run and gun, and accuracy went to shit. Very different feeling drawing from concealment, and shooting only to slidelock, or reloading with retention(which I didn't do). Having to use cover all the time was also very different.

I think it's a much more practical use of the "practical shooting" sport, as it was intended to be. I think I got my friend hooked since he wants to shoot the qualifier in Hartford this Saturday.

I shot with my sig P228. Everything ran good, but I got a double feed when I was expecting a slidelock anyway, and that took some time to clear. Overall it was a pretty good experience for not having shot any practical shooting match in over 8 months. Now I just need to invest in reloading equipment.

2. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

Nice, I just found out we have IDPA here in Idaho. Got invited to go out from members on my local board. :noes:

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

Just another way to turn bullets to brass.

4. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

and back again