Shot in the dark here, how do you rip audio from a flash vid

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by redna, Dec 20, 2006.

1. redna

redna New Member

Here's what i want to do... I want to save a video off of youtube, THEN i want to rip the audio into a .mp3 file.

I know i can do it by playing the video and micing my speakers and recording via Cool Edit Pro 2 but i was wondering if there is a way to do it without micing and being a pain in the ass... If there is some program that will just seperate the track and the video.

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

Windows sound recorder will record anything that is coming out of your speakers.

The default sound recorder file is only 60 seconds long, but that can be tweaked to whatever time limit you want. I'll post the walkthrough here, but keep in mind that whatever file capacity that you make, it will use up the full amount of space on your hard drive even though it may not be recorded yet.

Cliffs: If you make a two hour file, it will be over 150mb in size.

So make the file sizes, and the amount of them with care.
    .......................................................................................................

1. Create a "1mblank.wav" file by recording nothing for the entire 60 seconds.
    2. Select EDIT - Insert File and insert the 1mblank.wav file you just created. You'll now notice that you have 120 seconds of record time available.
    3. Repeat step 2 three more times to create a five-minute file and save as "5mblank.wav" file.
    4. Select EDIT - Insert File and insert the 5mblank.wav file you just created. You'll now notice that you have 600 seconds of record time available.
    5. Repeat step 4 six more times to create a 40-minute file and save as "40mblank.wav" file.

You'll now have three blank wave form files in your toolkit that you can use:

1. The 1mblank.wav file is good for recording snippets.
    2. Use the 5mblank.wav for recording most songs.
    3. An entire LP album side can be recorded in the span of the 40mblank.wav file.

Just remember to save your recordings under a different name than the base files (1/5/40mblank.wav)

Another trick you can do is to cut off the excess at the end of a recording. Position the slider to near the end of the recording (you can pretty much judge this by watching the wave form as you move the slider). Start playing the recording and click the Stop button when the end of the song is reached. Then, select EDIT - Delete After Current Position to cut off the excess and save your new file.

Happy recordings...

3. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

4. redna

redna New Member

Now that....... that is sexy... haha.
    :bowdown:

Thanks!

5. redna

redna New Member

BTW, you can do this in Cool Edit Pro.. I just figured it out. You record using the Wave Mapper instead of your sound source.

That would have saved me a shit load of trouble... haha.

6. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

I can do it with Adobe Audition 1.5 also.

But that's like shooting a mouse with a cannon.

Nothing is as simple as using sound recorder.

7. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

I did it because you have a funny av. :bigthumb: