A&P Shot another Honda....

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Stock, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Stock

Stock New Member

I like cars, what can I say. :hs:

Try to keep the criticism of the subject to a minimum, he wanted his car to look like this and he built it how he pleased. It's not for everyone, I know but I made enough to hit up the bar and have a good time that evening so whatever.

I hooked up a new-to-me Dell 22" wide to my editing PC and I can't get it calibrated for the life of me. I ended up editing them, throwing them on a flash drive and viewing them on my 24" Dell that I trust a lot more. Took a couple of back and forth's but I think I dialed them in relatively well?

I will say that I haven't shot in a while but I'm pleased with this set for the most part. I know none of them are really magazine worthy but I surpassed my expectations so I'm happy, however I value OTAP's opinion both good and bad so let's hear it.

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

4)
    [​IMG]

5)
    [​IMG]

6)
    [​IMG]

7)
    [​IMG]

8)
    [​IMG]

9)
    [​IMG]

10)
    [​IMG]

11)
    [​IMG]

12)
    [​IMG]

13)
    [​IMG]

14)
    [​IMG]

Also, I kinda want to host the RAW files and let some of you guys edit them. One thing I really want to work on this year is my editing, I always feel that I stick to a very boring method... Any takers?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  2. HighTachPres

HighTachPres New Member

This is a cover car for Honda Tuning right?
    Believe it or not the 2nd one is my favorite.
    These cars are lifestyle cars, and that picture emphasizes that the most

3. Heinzanova

Heinzanova OT Supporter

You know bro, I hear you on the whole screen thing. I have a high end samsung industrial cad display at home and it is pretty good, but occasionally shadows don't expose so well on it. I will touch something up on here, and then goto show it to a co-worker at work on a apple cinema panel and there is something nasty hiding in the shadows (literally). My Dell 20"wide that I use as a portrait view display is even worse. Waiting for new OLED displays to come out before I make another jump.

I think what HDP said about #2 is sort of true, how ever I think they guys looking at it are good, but I think it looks like it was a rush job of catching them in the frame and it would be better if they were behind it or something where you could see all of them, not cut off by the car (maybe I am wrong and that would be distracting, dunno though, no comparison).

I like the low one, the one leaving the lot and the last picture the best. Although LOL at guy who is driving it, I was expecting a little flip or a mexican driving it.

oh yeah, number k?

4. Stock

Stock New Member

No sir, no mags for this one. It still needs some key "Honda scene" parts right now it's just nice wheels.

I dig the second one a lot. I had a bunch of "proper" shots from that angle with no distraction or anything and then I saw these two questionable looking fellows strolling by and I figured if they checked out the car I'd snap another. Wallah!

:x:

Yeah, I got a sequence of them walking by but dude wasn't looking at it for long and that was the best one. My two favorites from the shoot were the ones that happened on a whim. #8 and #10 were both "Hey, let's try this real quick" and I love 'em.

No love for buff white firefighters in Hondas? :rofl:

Numbered. :o

5. High_Boost

High_Boost New Member

I actually like the car and the shots, but a few of them really accentuate the fenders not fitting right, like 6 & 10
    I am not sure what the deal is, honda usually has pretty good fit and finish.. maybee they got jacked up with it being so low

6. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

I don't know if it is the same there or not but here they are such little chick cars. the guy looks like such an ass.

7. Stock

Stock New Member

He had to roll and pull the fenders to fit the wheels. I don't condone it but it's becoming more and more accepted when going for the "flush" look (wide wheels, low offset.)

This shoot was mainly for a local forum's ride of the month contest so the car isn't completely "done". Check out the headlight in #7. ;)

It goes back and forth here. I don't like Hondas like some guys like Hondas, but I respect them for what they are. I own a ED6 (baby-dick EF9) that I'm using as a full-on track car and it's a great chassis but I'd never put the amount of wirk into to make it look "cool" like some of these clowns do. :o

8. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I miss my 5th gen... I kick myself daily for selling it.

9. themolsen

themolsen New Member

404 camber kit not found

10. Professor Chaos

Professor Chaos New Member

I like #8 the best but I think the saturation on the car could be upped a bit :dunno:

11. Stock

Stock New Member

He bought a camber kit so he could dial in negative camber and fit the wheels. It's the newest Honda trend, taking RWD width & offset wheels and tossing them on your FWD car which when done to excess (like this one) results in super duper negative camber. :o

I thought dulling it down added to the shot, am I alone on this?

12. smaug

smaug born to lose

as a car guy, this has the be one of the stupidest things i've seen in awhile.

he'll blow through tires driving around like that :o

13. Stock

Stock New Member

Toe is the real killer, not camber. ;)

14. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

Missed the license plate in #4.

15. Stock

Stock New Member

Of course, the one I re-edit to move the watermark. :rofl:

I think that shit is gay anyways, I hate when owners request that. :mad:

16. smaug

smaug born to lose

he is still riding on the inside edge of the tires, which will cause that edge to wear. :o

17. Stock

Stock New Member

I was speaking more about the misunderstanding that seems to be so prevalent in the "tuner" scene that camber is the ultimate tire killer when it's usually toe that does the dirty work.

Proper toe or not this guys going to be shitting out rear tires, I think he mentioned -6.25* in the rear? :mamoru: