GUN Shot a whole bunch of guns today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Keesh, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Keesh

Keesh New Member

My neighbor invited me over and he had about 50 rifles so I picked out a few to shoot. I got to shoot M1 Garand, M1 carbine, Mauser, Thompson .45 full auto (I ran through a 50 round drum in like 6 seconds) AR-15, SKS, and a few others. Also got to shoot a few revolvers, a 1911, and a few shotguns. Just after putting a couple clips though the 1911 made me really like it. I may pick one up sometime soon. :cool: anyway, his wife tooks some pictures so if she sends 'em to me me I'll put 'em up.

Anyway, I had a good time and now I wanna start shooting a little more, I'll have to break out my .22 and 12 guage sometime after Christmas.

2. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

no pics.

-12498238769187235/10

3. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Sounds fun, i'd make friends with that guy and hope he leaves me some of those guns in his will

4. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

I wish I had a neighbor like that.

5. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

Man thats cool. My dads friend took me shooting my first time out. Colt 1911, .357 and .38 revovers, browning .22, it was good fun and great intro into my new hobby.

Its great to have friends with different guns.

6. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

How was that M1 Carbine? I've been wanting to get one of the airborne ones with a collapsible stock but they're freaking expensive!!

Me too :wtc: All we got is some music majors as neighbors that let us listen to their shitty trumpet and flute playing...

7. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

If I ever get rich, that's probably the full-auto gun I'd get. :o

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You can get a reproduction stock for like $125, real authebtic usgi ones are expensive, if you get an m1 try to get a real usgi one and just put the aftermarket paratrooper stock on, some of the new reproduction m1's ive heard bad things about and parts aren't always interchangable with USGI parts. Nothing like sitting around watching band of bro's while fondling your garand and carbine :o

9. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Both of the M1s was incredible. I was able to hit pretty much anything at 200 yards. They are spendy though, I just looked up some of the prices on those guns. I think he inherited most of them because I don't know how he's have been able to afford them.

10. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I had no idea they were that much. It was definitly a lot of fun but I don't think I'd pay that much for one :o. We froze water in a milk jug and unloaded a clip on it. There was pretty much nothing left :hs:

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You can get a Garand for a few hundred through CMP but I think there getting to the bottom of the barrell with what they got.

12. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Yeah, I'm definitly a lot more interested in guns now. I don't know if this is a good thing though, I was kind of hoping on saving some money but right now it's not looking like it :o

13. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

haha, interest in guns DOES NOT save you money. I already have my next two rifles picked out, and the first 3 handguns i want when im 21.