GUN Shot a .45 handgun for the first time today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cheet, Sep 25, 2007.

1. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

I bought a USPc .40sw without ever trying a .45 (which was pretty stupid) because i thought the 8 round mag would be just too limiting. So at the range today I decided to rent a Sig .45 after I was done shooting and holy shit :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, I was shooting so much better. I don't remember the model of the sig, but it was a fullsize and I actually didn't like the gun itself (no safety, slide lock was difficult).

But anyways I think I'm going to try and sell my USPc to a local gunstore and get a .45 model. Actually would work out great since I just ordered a cali legal USC .45 and I will only have to stock up 1 pistol caliber now.

Just wanted to share, I'm pretty excited. I don't have a pic of my target but for 16 rounds I had a 5 inch grouping just pretty much dead on the bullseye. I know that's not that impressive but I'm a beginning shooter with no instruction at all and thats much better than my previous trips to the range.

cliffs: <3 .45

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Are you sure that it was the caliber that made you a better shot and not that you had a bigger gun or a different trigger? :)

3. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I have to agree with soybomb, I'm not sure it was the 45 that made you shoot better than the 40 as much as it was another element. Like a shooter trigger pull or a heavier gun to dampen recoil or maybe even just a gun that fit your hands better. I would do a little more shopping before scrapping a pistol and buying a 45.

4. 99_civic_ex

99_civic_ex Active Member

What didn't you like about the USPc in .40? I've got one and IMO, it's a blast to shoot. The bullets go where I want it to.

5. 99_civic_ex

99_civic_ex Active Member

Oh, and if you sell your gun to your local gunstore, they'll probably rape you on the price.

6. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

Ya I've considered this as well, forgot to mention it in my original post

7. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

+1 to Soybomb.. on target as usual. :bowdown:

That said I do love my 1911. :joshers:

8. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

.40 is a pretty snappy round and it can take a bit to get used to. .45 is more of a "big push" and can be controlled somewhat easier.

soybomb might be right, but there are people who just dont like .40 (me included.

9. natelam

natelam New Member

Before you trade into a gun store, check out hkpro lots of guys there are looking to trade down. The USPc .45 is a larger frame than the USPc .40 so make sure to try it out first.

10. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

As stated, try a uspc 45 first if you can...just to make sure you like it. A change in caliber won't make you more accurate.....I'm sure it was the gun. Either way, I'll give you a thumbs on on the uspc .45...I love mine. I don't own a gun in .40....and doubt I will. I just don't like the round compared to the others that are out there.

11. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

You shot a SIG P220. It does not have a manual safety to get in the way, no.

The HK USP45 is also a great shooting .45, no doubt you'll be happy with it. I had mine swapped to V3 to function like the SIG. (DA/SA, Decocker only)