Shortest possible time between "hi" and getting a number?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Can you just walk up to a girl and do this?

"hi"
    "hi"
    "would you like to go out sometime?"
    "yes"

Or would that just net you sluts?

Or would you need like extreme amounts of charisma to pull this off? I'm about a 2/10 on the charisma scale. But I was thinking it would be good to help get over the fear of rejection.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  2. Two toys

Two toys New Member

umm its pretty easy, if you can chat them up for a bit then do so but if you cant, just act normal and ask them to go out sometime, should work.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I dont see how only sluts would say "yes" in that situation....but on a more important note you need to try a little harder than that. If you have no charisma than that's what you need to work on.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah. I need to work on charisma. :h5:

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Oh, the reason I thought it might only get sluts is because what kind of self-respecting girl would go out with some dude who has only said "hi" to her? I certainly wouldn't respect a girl who did that. It would be indicative of having no standards or filtering criteria. ie. she would date anyone.

6. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I've found that I personally need to develop a decent amount of rapport to get quality girls' numbers. I usually don't get their number until 5-10 minutes of good talk.

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

"would you like to go out sometime" should be avoided

always stick to specifics. you are either asking her out or you are asking you her phone number. if you ask for her phone number its so you can call to ask her out.

if you are going to ask her out on the spot, you need to have a plan and you need to finalize all the details so you don't have to call her. Or you can get the number, make the plan, then call and finalize all the details.

8. Socrates

Socrates New Member

In my experiences, it works two ways.

One, if you look like Brad Pitt.

Or two, if the person knows you have social status before you ask her.

If i'm at a party, and I spot the girl, I will have as much fun with the other girls and guys for a while, before I ever am introduced to the girl, then talk to her later on.

If you have built up enough interest/attraction, then you can't fail.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I was more trying to say that only a superficial girl would accept a date or give her number with just a simple "hi." BUT, the guy would be extremely superficial too, considering he'd be asking a girl out after not knowing anything about her other than her physical.

10. anomalous

anomalous New Member

I'd take it as an opening to a conversation since I wouldn't say "Yes".....yet.

Now, how would a guy react to a girl doing that?

11. Solus Emsu

Solus Emsu ****** U N R A T E D ! ****** -----THAT'S HOW I RO

Probably not the best way to go, but does it happen? Sure. It happens.
    Don't count on it though. It would be probably more beneficial to actually tell her your name first, at least. Best to strike up a conversation. I know that sounds cliche', but at least it doesn't sound despirate.

BUT........

If you are playing the numbers game and just looking to cut to the chase and skip the conversation, let her know:

"Hey, My name's ______. I'm gonna get right to it. I'm feeling you. If you're feeling me, lets get together and get to know one another."

Expect to strike out most of the time though. Like I said, if you are serious about playing the numbers game, this might benefit you. And yes, mostly sluts will come of this, unless you are saying it to fat chicks.
    But, you never know.

12. quamen

quamen New Member

tell her not ask her. I would like you to go out with me sometime, what is ur number. if you ask would u like to go out with me, it doenst sound to confident.

13. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

The words "go out sometime" are vague, passive, and weak.

The man should have the plan before he mentions the date. Thats why you get her number: you don't have the date planned and you need time to make the plan before you call her.

Always use specifics. Even if you want the date itself to be a surprise, you still have to have the time and date of the meet planned before you can invite her.

Make the plan before you make the invitation.

edit: I will say that younger girls seem to have no problem agreeing to "go somewhere and do something." But as you get older, women are not going to be nearly as receptive to this approach. And even with the young girls, you are giving her an extra opportunity to flake because you are still going to have to call her to finalize the details. If you are going to ask her out on the spot, I recommend having the time and place to meet already planned.

14. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

it's a hit and miss tactic of just opening up with hi, wanna go ____. personally i think it can be pulled off. just takes the right guy, the right tone, inflection, personality, and looks. she has to want you within a few seconds of seeing you.

going back to pua talk, you might want to offer a time constraint. not a false one, but something like "hi *grin and pause*, my friends are waiting for me, but i saw you standing over here and had to ask *slight pause* would you like ot go out sometime?". if you're a good looking guy and she's attracted to you, it's a very low key invitation. you're not asking her to meet you tuesday night, at 7:30pm, to go to a masked ball. it follows most of the pua rules of getting attraction before hitting on the girl. in this case you simply need instant attraction before opening your mouth (get it with looks, clothing, posture, body language). you've got a reason you're being so forward and upfront about it (friends are waiting, not much time).

it's not solid game, but i personally think i could pull it off 80% of the time given it's so low key. don't come off as creepy, or beta, or shy in your approach, and most girls would go for it. they offer resistance, you continue grinning and remind them it's not a date, you just want to get to know them. do it right and they'll be thinking about you the rest of the day.

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I can't believe I didn't think of that time constraint part. Good idea.

16. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

I do it all the time, and it works wonders. you just act like you have an appointment or something, and just say that you noticed her and dont want to pass up the chance to talk. honestly it works nearly every time.

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

That sounds like a good idea, but it seems like it might suck because a) you'd be calling/going out with someone that you don't know anything about, and b) you can only do it once per location because if you say that and then don't leave immediately afterward, they'll know you were lying.

18. BradUF

BradUF Guest

If I am picking up a girl I don't know I act like I do know them and treat them like someone I have know for years. I act very happy and am just like "Hey, come grab some lunch with me"