Short Workouts (20-25 minutes) - Any benefit?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TrevorK, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrevorK

TrevorK New Member

I used to be able to squeeze in a 45 minutes workout 3 times a week, but now my work schedule has changed to 7:30am - 4:15pm, 5:00pm - 12:00am Monday-Friday.

Now that I don't have a 2 hour break in between jobs, I don't really have time to put in a 45 minute workout anymore throughout the day.

I'm lucky - I work at a college for my day job, so we have our own gym (Although not a gym to brag about). I was thinking of working out in 2 20 minutes sessions in the day - once early in the morning (7:00am - 7:20am) and once sometime before 4:15 (During my shortened lunch break, whenever it isn't busy in the gym).

I like to focus on the weightlifting - are there any special routines I should be doing when I am forced to split up my day like this? Is it still beneficial to do 2 20 minute sessions?

I'm thinking of focusing on a single muscle group each session - do 20 minutes of chest in the morning, 20 minutes of bi's (And with whatever leftover time possibly cardio) in the afternoon.

My diet will be good - because I pretty much eat chicken/peas/protein/udo's/milk/natural juice/vitamin supplement.

I'm not sure how the muscles will react to this sort of routine - will I fatigue too easily because of the gap in between workouts? Any pointers/tips as to what I could do would be great. I'm trying to stay away from getting up even earlier to hit the gym because I do need some sleep....

2. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

Honestly, change your monrning to give you 30 mins... you can get in a body part a day, or even do modified christophers routine every morning....
    If you focus and dont dick around like a lot of assholes in the gym to work upper and lower jaw you can get shit done. I can do my whole workout, cleans, bench, squat with warmup and stretch in under 50 mins... usually 45 or less. You can do everything you need in 30 mins if you can go 4 or 5 times a week. 4 is sufficient.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.