GUN Shooting spree in Alabama.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dumbstixlars, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

Multiple deaths reported in Ala. shooting spree Among those reportedly killed was the wife of a Geneva County deputy

GENEVA, Ala. - Multiple people were shot and killed Tuesday in south Alabama during a shooting spree that spanned at least two communities and ended in a Geneva-area business.
    Geneva Mayor Geneva Mayor Wynnton Melton told MSNBC-TV that 10 people were dead, including the gunman.
    Melton said with police in pursuit, the gunman burst into the Reliable Products company outside of Geneva but turned the gun on himself. Some 400 people were working in the business at the time, Melton said.
    Soleta Darden witnessed the shootout, the Dothan Eagle reported.
    "I heard five shots to my right, and then I looked up and saw a maroon Eclipse speed off from the scene, then I saw deputies and troopers in pursuit after him,” Darden said. "I was just scared, crazy scared. I thought, ‘What the crap is going on."
    Geneva is near the Florida border in southeast Alabama. It has a population about 4,400, and neighboring Samson about 2,000.
    Geneva County Coroner Max Motley told the Dothan Eagle that he was called to the Big Little Store on West Main Street in Samson, where he found the body of a woman. Other victims, he told the newspaper, are at a home off of Highway 52.
    WTVY TV reported that the gunman did not injure anyone at Reliable Products, according to witnesses. The station got a call from a worker at the business as they crouched in a corner during the ordeal.
    The FBI bureau in Mobile sent an agent to assist the Geneva County sheriff's office and local police, a spokeswoman for the FBI told CNN. A message left by The Associated Press with the FBI was not immediately returned.
    Reliable Products makes grills and vents for heating and AC systems, mainly for hotels. A call to a person who answered the phone at the plant said no one could talk about the shooting.
    The towns of Geneva and Samson are about 11 miles apart, and roughly 30 miles south of Fort Rucker.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29623587/?gt1=43001

2. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

3. Mideel25

Mideel25 OT Supporter

God I hope it wasn't an "assault rifle"

4. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

That is pretty close to where I am

5. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Apparently it was a "M16 style rifle"

but who knows, reporters are fucktwits

6. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

30 rounds were fired at the end before he killed himself. Cop confirmed that the empty magazines were from an "M16 style rifle" I'd say it's safe to say it was an AR.

7. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

were fukked

8. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Anderson Cooper wanted to know what type of gun he was using because he fired off a 30rd. 'clip'.

God, I hate that fucking faggot.

9. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Um shit, I used to live a few minutes from there.

10. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Let's hope its one of those "Mini-14" assault rifles.

11. Hartman

Hartman New Member

gee another staged event to push an ammo ban

12. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

10 people are dead, have some fucking respect

13. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

I have family in Alabama, but they are all in or around Huntsville.

14. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

there's a kansas connection to the shooting, according to the local news here... i guess the deputy who lost his wife, was a deputy from the next county over from me... before he moved to alabama.

15. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

Damn, this is a very douchey post...

Anyway, this will surely be twisted as a reason to ban "assault weapons" and/or "high capacity magazines" (or "clips" as they're known by the un-initiated). To me, it begs the question... If one or more of the 10 victims had also been armed, could this killer have been stopped short of accomplishing his 10 person killing spree.

16. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

Maybe one of the 10 people were armed, we don't know yet.

17. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Well, that sure didn't take very long. The chances of new AWB just went up about ten-fold.

:uh:

18. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Patiently waiting for the Brady Campaign to dance in the blood.

19. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

They're gonna hit Washington like barbarians at the gates, howling for an AWB.

20. Guvnor

Guvnor NYM3 and Me

Oh yeah it was. Police Chief that was shot said is was an "AK-47 or M16 assault rifle"

21. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Shut the fuck up you idiot.:ugh:

22. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

this will certainly get the ball rolling but hopefully the AWB will still be politically contentious.

If i wasnt saving to buy a house this year i'd all over an AR :hs:

23. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

buy a lower

24. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

I read this article, it sounds (to me) as if three of his victims were random and the other eight were his family?

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=9982408

Gunman identified, death toll now at 12
    MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Police have now identified the man behind Tuesday's deadly south Alabama shooting spree. Police say Michael McLendon of Kinston went on a two county rampage before turning the gun on himself.
    The Coffee County coroner said McLendon started his day off with bloodshed at the Kinston area home owned by his mother; a home he ended up burning to the ground. The mother's body was still inside the house Tuesday evening, but Coroner Robert Preachers said officials had not been able to enter the house to determine if she was shot. It's also believed McClendon's girlfriend was killed inside the home.
    The body count now stands at twelve, including the gunman. Others citizens and law enforcment officers were wounded as McClendon drove though town firing shots at anyone in his path.
    The man's shooting spree covered two counties (Coffee and Geneva) and targeted people in the town of Kinston and the cities of Samson and Geneva in extreme southeast Alabama.
    Victim identities and a motive remain unknown. Preachers confirmed that several other victims of the gunman were related to him including McLendon's grandparents, an aunt and an uncle. Investigators tell WSFA 12 News the victims ranged in age from 18 months to 74-years-old.
    Col. Chris Murphy held an evening news conference at the Alabama State Troopers post in Montgomery to provide details. Murphy called the day's events "one of the worst tragedies in recent memory."
    Murphy said Governor Bob Riley was briefed on the situation, and he spoke with area mayors a short time later. Riley promised state resources to help those local municipalities deal with the aftermath. (Note: Wednesday morning news conference now planned. WSFA 12 News will have coverage.)
    The Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Alabama Bureau of Investigation, the Alabama Emergency Management Agency and many other agencies continue to work multiple crime scenes.
    Murphy told media outlets that four adults and one child were found dead inside of one house, and one body was found at each of two other houses in the Samson area.
    Investigators said McLendon drove down Highway 52 where he fired at least seven times on a state trooper vehicle. The trooper was wounded by broken glass.
    He then drove to the Samson Pipe and Supply Company on Highway 52 where he gunned down another victim. Afterwards, he took aim at an innocent civilian at a local service station in the same area. That victim also died of their wounds.
    Geneva police then began a pursuit of the suspect's vehicle, chasing McLendon to the Reliable Metal Products company in Geneva. Officials later confirmed he had been a former employee of the company, but the reasons for his leaving the company were not immediately know.
    On there, officials said the man fired at least a 30 round burst of ammunition at the city police chief before running inside the business. The police chief was grazed by gunfire but was wearing a bullet-proof vest.
    A short time later investigators said they heard shots inside the building, and when they entered the business they found the man dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
    WSFA 12 News has a crew on the scene and will have the latest information in a live report from there on Today in Alabama Wednesday morning.
    Anyone who was in the area at the time with helpful information is asked to call the Dothan trooper post at 334-983-4587.
    CONGRESSMAN BOBBY BRIGHT REACTS
    "My thoughts and prayers go out to families of the victims in the tragic shootings that occurred today in Geneva County. Now is the time for the entire Wiregrass community to unite and support each other as we mourn the loss of friends and neighbors. My offices in Washington and Dothan are here to assist local leaders, law enforcement, and the citizens of Geneva County in any way that we can. I plan on returning to the district as soon as possible to be with my constituents who have just experienced such a horrible tragedy."

25. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

Details on how that would solve my problem?

If so, that would be fuckin sweet :bowdown: