ShoKar stuff

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by joedog24, Jan 11, 2005.

1. joedog24

joedog24 New Member

Scott, what can you tell us about the shokar stuff? when will it be out? what does it compair too? ect. ect.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Shokar is very much like Klasse AIO and SG but their sealant is a lot more user friendly. The appearance is similar to Zaino Z2 Pro and Poorboy's EX-P.

Here are a couple pics of it on a 1998 Mercedes CL500

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my initial review: http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48758&highlight=shokar

There is no release date. It may be this summer, it may be longer. If I had known it wasn't comming out in the very near future, I wouldn't have even mentioned it. The good thing is, if they do come out with it, I will have had it on vehicles nearly 6 months and should have a good idea of long term durability.

3. eShine

eShine New Member

We are hoping to have ShoKar out this spring. We recently found out that is does meet VOC regulations. We are in the process of getting shipping quotes from different freight forwarders and hope to have the first batch on a boat ASAP!

Chris Pace
    ShoKar/eShine

4. Scottwax

Thanks for the update, Chris. I'm glad it meets the new VOC regulations too, so it won't have to be changed.

5. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:bowdown: Definately have to try some :)

Scott: Have you been able to evaluate the durability at all yet?

6. Scottwax

I used it on a white (single stage paint) Land Cruiser right around the first of the year and when I washed it yesterday (QEW) is was still beading nicely and had decent slickness. Still looked really, really wet (I did take a few pics). Won't be able to evaluate it further since I was washing it because the owner was selling it and wanted to have it clean for the guy who was buying it.

I took this pic about 3 weeks after appying Shokar to the black CL500 above:

[​IMG]

The paint on this one is still extremely slick.

7. eShine

eShine New Member

I regret to inform you that we are putting a fork in ShoKar. This is due to a single reason, price. With its competitors prices many dollars below it will be to hard to compete without marketing campaigns, flashy website etc. The cost of the product and shipping would force a street price of nearly $30USD each product. The manufacture requires me to purchase nearly 1000 Cases in order to discount the product further. The manufacture was also slightly deceiving about final pricing etc. I am upset and relieved at the same time and look forward to just running eShine this summer. I sure hope I didn't waste your time reviewing the product.

Chris Pace
    eShine Canada

8. Scottwax

Well shit. I'd pay $30 for the sealant since it takes so little to cover a car. Any way I can purchase it through the manufacturer?

9. eShine

eShine New Member

Scott, I don't believe they can legally sell the formula. Our future goals would be to build eShine up to a point where we can solely support a large order of ShoKar and build the products reputation from there. Baby steps! It will definately not be 2005.

Chris Pace
    eShine Canada

10. Scottwax

Chris-is TOL still going to carry it or were you working with them? Also, do have any left that I can buy? :x:

11. eShine

eShine New Member

Scott, TOTL was who we were trying to partner with. The GOAL was to be able to supply them Shokar at a price simular to other products and enable them to also distribute to other retailers. With the initial cost of the product being too high it would not look appealing to other retaliers. I believe we are all on the same page when we say its all in the application! Although ShoKar was very unique in its application, I believe the same end results can be made with cheaper products, if we can find a way to get ShoKar in North America cheaper than we would have a product that can compete. As far as more samples I will check what I have left.

Chris Pace
    eShine Canada

12. Scottwax

I really hope you can find a way to carry Shokar eventually. It is nice getting that clear wet look of Z2 Pro without having to add an extra cost accelerant.

13. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

Agreed with Scott, I hate to not see it come out... maybe in the future :x: I would have paid $30 for it... hell SG is $20, and it's a PITA to use IMO. I would have bought a bottle :)

14. Scottwax

I addition, based on my use, a 16oz bottle would cover around 40 vehicles. All of a sudden, it is a lot cheaper!

15. n2_space

n2_space Space > *.*

:werd: Bring it out sometime Chris :x:

16. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Well that suxors. :(

And I was going to get some and save on shipping to justify it. :(

17. momentum

momentum CAN'T STOP THIS SON!

so this shokar stuff is better then klasse aio?